Here's what Jackson say about the Soloist SLX DX:
Distinctive and affordable, Jackson’s X Series Soloist models are built for speed and comfort! The Jackson® X Series Soloist™ SLX DX Camo is a venerable double-cutaway workhorse that offers many fone features desired by today’s shredders.
This Soloist model features an ergonomically curved poplar body and through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement for rock-solid stability and tilt-back scarf joint headstock for reduced playing fatigue. Hosting 24 jumbo frets, its 12”-16” compound radius bound laurel fngerboard curves more dramatically at the nut for easy chording and fattens out as it approaches the neck joint for low-action bends without fretting out.
Active Jackson covered high-output humbucking pickups power this metal beast with an expansive voice loaded with crunchy, full-bodied tone ideal for brazen lead work or assertive rhythms runs. Tone is fully customizable with three-way pickup blade switching and single volume and tone controls, while a Floyd Rose® Special double-locking tremolo bridge system provides superior string stability and dynamic tremolo action.
Battle-ready, the X Series Soloist SLX DX Camo is dressed in Multi-Color Camo or Winter Camo with matching camo pointy headstock and black hardware.
- Series: X
- Body Shape: Soloist™
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss (598), Satin (599)
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Gloss Black (598), Satin Black (599)
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfn
- Side Dots: Black
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® Special Locking, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Truss Rod: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
Hardware and Electronics
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Special Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Pickups: Jackson® Covered High-Output Humbucking (Bridge & Neck)
- Special Electronics: Active Electronics
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Black