Here’s what Jackson says about the X Series Signature Scott Ian King V KVXT:
A co-founder of New York “Big Four" thrash metal institution Anthrax, guitarist Scott Ian has pummeled audiences with his huge sound and formidable chops for close to four decades.
Experience the veritable thrash godfather's signature tone with the X Series Scott Ian King V™ KVXT, offering a 24.75" scale length, mahogany body, through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint. The 12"-16" compound radius laurel fingerboard features 22 jumbo frets and pearloid block inlays.
Its versatile voice is powered by a pair of Duncan Designed™ humbucking pickups— a biting HB-103B humbucking bridge pickup is matched to a powerful HB-103N humbucking neck pickup for articulate tone. This signature axe also features a Jackson compensated and adjustable TOM-style bridge with anchored tailpiece, Jackson die-cast tuners and pointed 6-in-line-headstock.
The KVXT is available in Candy Apple Red with a 3-ply white/black/white pickguard, chrome hardware, black dome-style single volume and tone controls and a black three-way toggle switch.
- Body Shape: King V™
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Block
- Nut (Material/Width): Black Plastic, 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 24.75" (629 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: Jackson® TOM-Style Adjustable Bridge with Anchored Tailpiece
- Pickguard: 3-Ply White/Black/White
- Pickups: Duncan Designed™ HB-103B (Bridge), Duncan Designed™ HB-103N (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .009-.042 Gauges