Here's what Jackson says about the MJ Series Rhoads RRT:
Harkening back to the early ‘90s when import Jackson® guitars were manufactured exclusively in Japan, we introduce the all-new Jackson MJ Series — an exciting and innovative collection of instruments attentively crafted in Japan. The MJ Series blends Jackson’s world-renowned legacy of designing high-performance instruments with an assortment of top-tier features at a competitive price point.
Continuing upon the metal legacy pioneered by the immortal Randy Rhoads, the MJ Series Rhoads RRT features a resonant alder Rhoads body and a through-body three-piece maple neck with graphite-reinforcement rods for ultimate stability. Hosting 22 jumbo frets and pearloid sharkfin inlays, the 12”-16” compound radius ebony fingerboard is an ideal surface for comfortable chording near the nut and effortless soloing on the higher registers. Luminlay® glow-in the-dark side dots provide exceptional fretboard guidance even on the darkest of stages.
Seymour Duncan® JB™ SH-4 bridge and Seymour Duncan Jazz SH-2N neck pickups deliver tonal clout. The bridge position roars with hot-rodded attitude and a powerful low end, while the neck position radiates with glassy treble tone and scooped mids that perform well across a multitude of genres. A three-way pickup toggle switch, a single pickup volume knob and single tone knob allow for flexible control.
Other premium features include a Jackson TOM-style adjustable bridge with anchored tailpiece, Gotoh sealed die-cast locking tuners and Dunlop® dual-locking strap buttons.
The MJ Series Rhoads RRT boasts classic metal style in a Gloss Black finish with black pointy headstock, chrome pickguard and chrome hardware.
- Body Shape: Rhoads
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: 3-Piece Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement
- Neck Finish: Gloss Colour-Matched
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12”-16” Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 22, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Side Dots: Luminlay
- Nut (Material/Width): Graph Tech TUSQ XL, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson Pointed 6-In-Line
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
- Truss Rod: Truss Rod Adjustment at Nut
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan JB SH-4
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Jazz SH-2N
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Bridge: Jackson TOM-Style Adjustable with Anchored Tailpiece
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh Sealed Die-Cast
- Pickguard: Chrome
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Included Jackson Foam Core Case