Tiny but mighty, these 2/3 size electric guitars are not only excellent value for money but make a perfect first guitar for younger players who want to sound the best they can.
There was a time where if you wanted to learn the guitar you had limited choices when it came to picking a style of guitar body. Young shredders rejoice, the new Jackson is a double-cutaway guitar that just screams "this is gonna be loud and fast!"
Available in a selection of distinct colors, from smooth black to an eye watering green these look really impressive. The body is made from poplar and the neck is maple, both features found on higher end guitars, and with a strong lacquered finish they can stand up to a few years of punishment as you learn your way around a guitar.
The pickups are great sounding humbuckers that come straight from Jackson themselves so you can be sure of the best tone possible from each and every dinky they make. This would also be a great choice as a travel guitar because short scale axes take up less room in a tour van.
So what's the difference with a smaller guitar?
Well. If a guitar's scale length is shorter, the strings require less tension to arrive at the desired pitch. While this is great for smaller hands and younger players it can mean that tuning to a standard guitar tuning (EADGBE) may cause it to sound less than ideal. It may be a good idea to tune it a semitone or 2 higher or use slightly thicker gauge strings. If you have any questions about tuning or string settings do get in touch with us.
- Body Shape: Dinky
- Body Wood: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Headstock: Jackson Pointed 6-in-Line
- Neck: 1-Piece Bolt-On Maple Speed Neck with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Shape: Speed Neck Backshape
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12" (305 mm) Radius
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Scale Length: 22.5" (572 mm)
- Hardware: Black
- Bridge: Jackson HT6 6-String Hardtail with Strings-Through-Body
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast
- Pickup Configuration: H/H
- Pickups: Jackson Humbucking (Bridge and Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone