Here’s what Jackson says about the X Series Kelly KEX:
Armed with a slab top, electrifying angular shape and lightning-fast neck, X Series Kelly™ models exude metal sophistication, while also delivering massive sound and reliable performance at an exceptional value.
The KEX features lightwood and resonant poplar body-wings, one-piece through-body maple neck with graphite reinforcement and scarf joint, and a 12"-16" compound radius laurel fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and pearloid sharkfin inlays.
Ready to roar, the KEX is also equipped with a pair of volcanic Jackson high-output humbucking pickups, single volume and tone controls, three-way toggle switch and a Floyd Rose® Special double-locking tremolo system, providing amazing tone, exceptional dynamic response and reliable performance.
The KEX is available in Gloss Black with eye-catching gold hardware and white binding along the body, neck and Jackson pointed 6-in-line headstock.
- Body Style: Kelly™
- Body Material: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: 1-Piece Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Laurel, 12"-16" Compound Radius (304.8 mm to 406.4 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Sharkfin
- Nut (Material/Width): Floyd Rose® Special Locking, 1.6875" (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson® Pointed 6-In-Line
- Tuning Machines: Jackson® Sealed Die-Cast
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge: Floyd Rose® Special Double-Locking Tremolo (Recessed)
- Pickups: Jackson® High-Output Humbucking (Bridge), Jackson® High-Output Humbucking (Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Control Knobs: Dome-Style
- Hardware Finish: Gold
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel .009-.042 Gauges