Here's what Jackson says about the USA Signature Gus G. Star:
Greek metal God Gus G. is one of metal’s reigning guitar virtuosos. He served as Prince of Darkness Ozzy Osbourne’s lead guitarist through from 2009-2017, while also establishing himself as an acclaimed solo artist with albums like I Am the Fire and Fearless. Gus G. has also managed to find time to perform worldwide with acts as diverse as Arch Enemy, Dream Evil and his own band, Firewind.
Jackson pays homage to the prodigious guitarist with his very own USA Signature Gus G. Star, which offers a fresh new take on one of Jackson’s original avant-garde body shapes.
His signature Star model features an alder body with throughneck construction to ensure ergonomic comfort during long sets along with monstrous sustain. The rock-solid maple neck has a satin finish on the back for smooth fret-hand playability, and a 12” radius bound pau ferro fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and mother of pearl big block inlays.
Designed to meet his exacting playing-style needs, the all-new active Gus G. Proteus humbucker pickup set provides powerful, rich tone and nuanced expression. Built with a high-output, low-noise preamp, these signature pickups deliver ample kick and distortion with well-balanced EQ and rich harmonics that respond perfectly to picking attach and dynamics. Harness its tonal power with three-way toggle pickup switching and a single volume control, and enjoy accurate intonation and enhanced sustain from the TonePros TOM-style adjustable bridge with anchored Gotoh tailpiece.
A formidable and stunning creation, the USA Signature Gus G. Star is available in Ivory with a pointed 6-in-line matching headstock, white binding and stylish chrome hardware, including the pickup covers.
- Body Shape: Star
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Construction: Neck-Through-Body with Graphite Reinforcement and Scarf Joint
- Neck Finish: Satin
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Mother of Pearl Big Block
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Headstock: Jackson Pointed 6-In-Line
- Tuning Machines: Jackson Sealed Die-Cast Locking
- Scale Length: 25.5” (648 mm)
Hardware & Electronics
- Bridge: TonePros TOM-Style Adjustable with Anchored Gotoh Tailpiece
- Pickups: Gus G. Proteus (Bridge & Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume
- Control Knobs: Black Numbered Speed
- Special Electronics: Active Electronics
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.049 Gauges)