This isn't just any ordinary solid state amp. The Hughes & Kettner Black Spirit combines the best of tube tone and solid state features to create one of the German company's most exciting ventures.
What sets the Black Spirit apart is the in-depth analysis beyond tube power. H&K bring you the Bionic Tone Generator; digital electronics designed to emulate the way tubes dynamically interact with single circuit sections, transformers, amp stages and speakers. The results are incredible. The Black Spirit isn't just a copy of a tube amp, but it has a unique sound of its own.
Endless Tonal possibilities
Make use of all four analogue channels; clean, crunch, lead and ultra for crystal clear cleans, classic rock overdrive or tight modern metal chugs. This encapsulates every tone you've heard from Hughes and Kettner over the last 60 years. You'll experience a dynamically rich, organic and tactile tone from the get-go.
In-depth EQ controls add another layer of experimentation. Presence, resonance and sagging flesh out your tone in unique ways. For the first time in an analogue amp, you can adjust the amount of power amp sag. This lets you dictate the creaminess or growl of your tone to vary the drop in power supply voltage when spiking transient signals hit the output stage.
It's also packed with a massive variety of effects, easily accessible through multi-function EQ dials. This saves you carrying round a huge amp head with individual knobs for every setting. You'll discover the likes of reverb, delay and authentic modulations such as chorus, tremolo, phaser and flanger. Mix and match all EQ and effects settings, then save and recall your presets to the MIDI footswitch with the push of a button.
A huge benefit of the Black Spirit is the award-winning Red Box speaker cab emulator. This delivers the best industry standard emulations available with 10 settings to choose from. It cuts out the hassle of mic'ing up speakers by letting you plug direct into a mixer or P.A.
Traditionalists are more than welcome here! The Black Spirit can hook up to any amount of cabs at any size between 8 and 16 ohms without hassle. Plug into an FRFR cabinet and select a speaker emulation to take full control of what the amp has to offer. There are loads of possibilities.
Switch between 2, 20 or 200 watt modes for playing at bedroom levels to those stage-worthy gigs for massive headroom. And don't forget any tones again with the compatible Hughes and Kettner app that allows you to access any of your saved presets on your tablet.
- POWER OUTPUT 2, 20, 200 Watts (switchable)
- CHANNELS Clean, Crunch, Lead, Ultra
- NOISE GATE IDB (Intelligent Dual Breakpoint) Noise Gate
- INTEGRATED EFFECTS Reverb, Delay, Modulation (Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Tremolo)
- RED BOX AE+ 8 cabinet emulations, XLR balanced
- FULLY PROGRAMMABLE CONTROLS Channel, Gain, Volume, EQ, Sagging, Presence, Resonance, Noise
- Gate, FX Parameters, FX Loop, Cabinet Type
- REMOTE CONTROL Bluetooth, MIDI
- AUX INPUT Mini jack, 3.5 mm stereo
- AUDIO STREAMING Bluetooth
- PHONES/LINE JACK 6.3 mm (1/4″) stereo, 50 Ohms
- SPEAKER OUT 8-16 Ohms, switchable from guitar cab to full range speaker
- MIDI IN 7-pin, 20 V DC phantom power (150 mA), 5-pin compatible
- MIDI OUT/THRU 5-pin
- MAX. POWER CONSUMPTION 300 W
- MAINS INPUT VOLTAGE 100-240 V, 50-60 Hz
- DIMENSIONS (W X H X D) 410 x 155 x 150 mm
- WEIGHT 3.6 kg / 7.8 lbs.