The Hook Wizard is one of the most versatile guitar amps we've ever seen! A compact, 2-channel valve head in its most basic form — the Wizard comes equipped with cutting-edge IR cabinet/speaker simulation technology and also boasts an internal speaker load for standalone use without a real connected cab. However, the biggest trick up the Wizard's sleeve is that it's fully-programmable and even features motorised knobs!
With 32 memory locations to save your favourite tones, you can make use of the Wizard's tactile rotary encoder to switch between your presets or even use an external MIDI controller (like a pedal switcher) to instantly recall specific patches. The speaker simulator comes with 16 incredible cab impulse responses that can easily be assigned to your presets, with the ability to upload your own 3rd-party IRs via the free editor app for Mac/Windows.
In essence, this amazingly-flexible amp head combines the all-valve sonics and ease-of-use of a classic tube amplifier with the portability and multi-functionality of a modern modeller. We simply love it!
- All-analogue tube circuit (nothing digital in the signal path).
- EL34 power section and 12AX7 preamp tubes for that inimitable valve amp feel and response.
- 32 memory locations, accessible via front-panel rotary encoder or external MIDI footswitch.
- Motors control the potentiometers mechanically (no digital components in audio path).
- Internal speaker load for standalone use (can be operated safely without a connected speaker cab).
- Direct output for connecting straight to a PA system or interface with a convincing "mic'd up" cabinet sound.
- Tube-buffered effects loop for incredible clarity with time-based and modulation pedals.
- Channel 1: Clean to Dirty (voicing switches: Deep, EQ1 Beatles, EQ2 Blackface).
- Channel 2: Crunch to Heavy Drive (voicing switches: Vintage / Modern gain, Deep, EQ1 Vintage, EQ2 Modern).
- Built-in digital reverb (settings can be saved to each preset).
- 3-band EQ lets you precisely sculpt your tones to perfection.
- Relay switching for pure signal path.
- Top-quality, hand-picked components.
- US custom-made power and output transformers.
- Lightweight and compact design.
- Handbuilt in the Netherlands.
- Direct XLR output on rear panel.
- Programmable for each preset (assign a different virtual cab to each of your amplifier patches).
- Uses modern impulse response technology (IR).
- 200ms sample length, 1.2ms latency.
- Connects to PC/Mac editor via USB port on rear panel of amplifier.
- Editor app/software allows you to easily manage your IRs, or even upload your favourite 3rd-party virtual cabs.
- Power: 45 Watts
- Channels: 2
- Controls: Gain, Bass, Mid, Treble, Volume, Master, Presence
- Preamp Tubes: 3 x 12AX7 (Preamp), 1 x 12AX7 (Phase Inverter)
- Power Tubes: 2 x EL34
- Speaker Output: 4, 8 and 16 ohm, Individual Out