Sadly we are unable to ship this product outside of Europe at this time. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions you can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or check out our Help Centre.
With its resonant chambered body and warm yet articulate tone, there's a reason why the Jet, in its may variations, has remained a mainstay in the Gretsch lineup for decades. The G6128T is a Players Edition model which is the highest quality, production-line range that Gretsch offer. From the fit and finish to the tone you're getting the quintessential Gretsch experience.
Body and Neck
The G6128T uses a mahogany body with a set mahogany neck and, as is traditional with Jets, a chambered body. Mahogany can be quite a heavy wood so the chambering really cuts down the weight - great if you're playing standing up for extended periods. The chambers in the body also provide the G6128T with a more naturally resonant tone.
This guitar features a rosewood fingerboard which provides a smooth, natural feeling playing surface. The radius of the fingerboard is 12" which is a comfortable, all-round radius that is relatively flat for playing leads and solos while still being comfortable for fretting chords.
Electronics and Hardware
At the heart of this guitar is the dual High Sensitive Filter'Tron humbuckers, which provide that classic Gretsch tone. Filter'Trons are not like your average humbucker. They have a really articulate sound that's closer to a single-coil than a standard humbucker. Filter'Trons are still humbuckers, so along with the note definition you get hum-cancellation as well as a thicker and warmer sound than a standard single-coil. These characteristics make these pickups highly versatile. From smooth jazz and blues through to classic rock tones the High Sensitive Filter'Trons can handle it all.
The G6128T comes equipped with a Bigsby B7CP vibrato tailpiece, which not only looks cool, it allows you to throw-in some tasteful pitch-pending into your playing. To complement the Bigsby this guitar has Gotoh locking tuners and a Graph Tech TUSQ XL nut to help keep you in tune even when using the vibrato.
- Edition: Players
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Body Finish: Gloss
- Upper Bout: 10.5” (266.7 mm)
- Lower Bout: 13.46” (341.88 mm)
- Waist: 8.625” (219 mm)
- Neck: Mahogany, Standard “U”
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Fingerboard: Rosewood, 12” (305 mm)
- Frets: 22, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Neo-Classic™ Thumbnail
- Nut (Material/Width): Graph Tech® TUSQ® XL, 1.6875” (42.86 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Gotoh® Locking
- Scale Length: 24.6” (625 mm)
- Bridge: Anchored Adjusto-Matic™
- Tailpiece: Bigsby® B7CP String-Thru
- Pickguard: Tortoiseshell with Gold Gretsch® Logo
- Pickups: High Sensitive Filter’Tron™ (Bridge & Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge And Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Volume 1. (Neck Pickup), Volume 2. (Bridge Pickup), Master Volume, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: G-Arrow
- Hardware Color: Nickel
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: G6238 Gretsch® Deluxe Solid Body Hardshell