The Custom Shop Modern Double Cut is a not-so gentle reminder that Gibson are a leading force in designing the current landscape of electric guitars. These fiery body shapes are aggressive, contemporary and lend themselves to a plethora of music genres.
Gibson have added an extra two frets to the Les Paul template, maintaining a 24.75 inch neck scale length. It will feel like familiar territory despite the new shape. The ‘Standard’ series is equipped with a classic rosewood fingerboard, mahogany body and a one-piece mahogany neck. It’ll retain the resonance of a LP even with the cutaway and sweeping neck heel to allow better access to the medium-jumbo frets.
You’ll find the Modern Double Cut houses a pair of 57 Classic pickups. These are similar to original PAF vintage rock humbuckers, yet their even windings give them a rich tonally balanced output. They deliver plenty of retro sweet tone with balance over the whole EQ spectrum.
Modern Gibson guitars are extremely reliable thanks to the appointment of an ABR-1 bridge, which is comfy for the resting hand and maintains solid tuning intonation. At the other end are quality Grover kidney tuners and a Corian nut. The 500k tone and volume pots allow for plenty of nuanced adjustment during your playing.
- Wood Species: Solid Mahogany Body, 2 Piece Maple Top
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Material: 1 Piece Mahogany
- Neck Profile: Medium C-Shape
- Scale Length: 24.75", 62.86cm
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number of Frets: 24
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Corian
- Inlays: Pearloid Trapezoid
- Finish: Nickel
- Bridge: ABR-1
- Tailpiece: Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Grover Kidney
- Neck Pickup: 57 Classic
- Bridge Pickup: 57 Classic Plus
- Controls: 1 500K CTS Volume Pot, 1 500K CTS Tone Pot, Hand-Wired Harness, Switchcraft Toggle Switch