The Tri Avatar Chorus is a 3-phase modulation that can be heavily edited and modified to create a specific modulation tone. So if you want to create a lush but subtle chorus effect that feels 3-Dimensional you can do that and save it as a preset. You can save up to 4 different presets which can be recalled via midi. This gives you the option of creating a few different soundscapes and having them all on one pedal.
3 Depth Modes
You can alter the depth of the left, centre and right side choruses. This will sound best in stereo where it will feel like it creates a 3-Dimensional image of the chorus sound. If you want to use it as a basic sounding doubler, you can just turn up the Center knob but by dialling in the left and right, you will create more width to the sound.
When combined with the Rate knob on the far right you can even get Leslie style effects by turning the LFO Rate up. Keep it down for slow Purple Rain style sounds.
The Hi-Cut will act as a filter to take off some of the top-end of the chorus effect. This is so it doesn't sound too harsh and will just warm up the overall tone of the pedal.
The Dry Mix is quite a unique function for the Tri-Avatar because if you want to chorus to wash over your whole signal, you can bring it down to 50% wet and 50% dry. This is useful when using the pedal with overdrive to clean up the sound and to avoid your tone getting too muddy.
The headroom that this pedal has it what makes it so different from other drive pedals. It achieves higher headroom with its internal voltage boosting that takes it from the 9v input up to 15v.
Higher headroom means less compression and a bigger more open sounding distortion. In simple terms it means you can get more volume out of the pedal before it distorts which results in a warm, creamy tone that will bring out the natural characteristics of whatever guitar you plug into it.
Holistic Tone Circuit
The HTC is a circuit inside the pedal that manages the signal so that the effected signal and bypassed signal will be exactly the same. This means no 'tone suck' and you can put loads of these pedals in a row without losing any signal or sound.
Here's what Free The Tone say about the TA-1H
The Free The Tone TA-1H “TRI AVATAR” is a next generation chorus pedal with four signal paths for three chorus sounds (three phases) and one dry signal. In stereo operation the first phase of chorus sound is assigned to the L side, the second phase to the L+R sides, and the third phase to the R side.
In monaural operation all of the three phases are mixed together. By mixing three independent chorus sounds the TRI AVATAR adds more width and depth to its output and the result exceeds that which can be achieved by conventional stereo chorus pedals. Problems with usual chorus units such as unintentional pitch changes, sound images with blurred lower end, and noises relating to sweep timing have been solved by combining Free The Tone’s analog and digital technologies and with its unique know-how.
The result is our completely new chorus pedal that will amaze its users with the various incredible sounds that can be created by a single chorus pedal. Try it and experience the TRI AVATAR’s potential that goes beyond the concepts of conventional chorus pedals!
- Three independent pitch-modulation signal paths and one dry signal path for mixing in the analog domain.
- A widening effect characteristic of three-phase choruses is attained by 120 shifting of the phase in each signal modulation path.
- Supports both stereo and monaural operation. In monaural operation, all of signals from the three modulation paths are mixed, enabling diverse sound creation.
- 2Next generation chorus sound with minimum noise has been attained by adopting 24-bit AD/DA converters and with Free The Tone’s original signal processing and algorithms.
- Up to four sets of knob settings can be stored as presets. These four presets can be recalled via MIDI signals.
- RATE or HI-CUT parameters can be controlled in real-time from an expression pedal plugged into the EXP terminal.
- Implemented HTS circuit
- Input impedance: min. 500 k
- Output load impedance: min. 10 k
- Max. Input level: +7dBm
- Controls: RATE, HI-CUT, DEPTH L/C/R, DRY MIX, LEVEL
- Terminals: 4 x Standard 1/4 phone jack (IN, OUT/L (mono), OUT/R, EXT), DIN 5-P IN connector (MIDI IN), DC9V input jack (for connecting AC adapter)
- Power supply: 9 VDC via dedicated AC adapter (FA-0905D-JA/UK/EU)
- Current consumption: max. 140 mA
- Dimensions : 120W x 102.3D x 58.5H mm (inc. protuberances such as jacks)
- Weight : approx. 380 g (excl. accessories)
- Accessories: warranty card, manual, AC adapter (FA-0905D-JA/UK/EU), 4× rubber feet