Get your free copy of Ableton Live Lite!
When you purchase this item, you're eligible to recieve a free copy of Ableton Live Lite to go with it. To redeem your free download, click here and follow the instructions on Albeton's website. Enjoy!
Clarett USB lays down the challenge to interfaces twice the price. The Clarett USB range features specially designed high performance, low-noise (-128dB EIN) mic pres with a low distortion, ultra-linear design that guarantees a clean, open and transparent sound, giving accurate representation of the original performance. Boasting 118dB dynamic range, Clarett can now be experienced with any Mac® or PC supporting USB 2.0 and above. Decades of analogue circuit design experience, applied around 24-bit/192kHz A-D and D-A conversion, delivers a superior signal path – beating interfaces costing hundreds more.
Clarett 8Pre USB is an 18-in, 20-out audio interface. Six-segment LED metering easily shows the signal level of the eight mic/line inputs, two of which are also high-impedance instrument inputs that can record super-hot pickups with no unwanted distortion. MIDI I/O and S/PDIF I/O are also included. ADAT I/O allows you to expand your setup with up to eight extra inputs and outputs when combined with multi-channel mic preamps like Clarett OctoPre. Analogue outs include two monitor outputs with anti-thump technology, eight line outputs, two headphone outputs with volume controls, and a word clock output for sending clock signal to external devices.
The eight Air-enabled mic preamps can reproduce the input impedance, clarity and frequency response curve of Focusrite's original ISA mic preamp. Clarett 8Pre USB connects to Mac® or PC using the included standard USB and USB Type-C™ cables. Record with super-low latency through amp simulators and effects plug-ins.
Configure your routing and monitor mixes from Mac®, PC, iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch® with user-friendly control software Focusrite Control. Additional included software is from XLN Audio, Focusrite, Softube, Ableton® and Loopmasters.
Brainworx bx_console Plugin
Focusrite Clarett interfaces now come with the bx_console plugin designed DSP developers Brainworx! This Focusrite VST/AU/AAX plug-in for Mac and PC recreates the sound of the classic Focusrite ISA 110 Equaliser and ISA 130 Dynamics Modules to bring some analogue character to your productions.
2 year warranty
All Focusrite products come with a 24 month warranty from the point of purchase, if bought after October 2016. Visit Focusrite's site for more infomation.
- Ultra-low noise (-128dB EIN) Clarett mic preamps, ultra-low distortion and up to 118dB dynamic range
- The eight Air-enabled mic preamps can reproduce the sound of the Air feature from Focusrite’s original ISA mic preamp
- Supports any Mac® or PC with USB 2.0 and above
- 24-bit/192kHz A-D and D-A conversion for the ideal signal path
- Connects to Mac® or PC using the included standard USB and USB Type-C™ cables
- Two front-panel mic/line/instrument inputs
- Six mic/line inputs
- Six-segment LED metering easily shows the signal level
- MIDI I/O
- S/PDIF I/O
- ADAT I/O
- Two monitor outputs with anti-thump technology
- Eight additional line outputs
- Two headphone outputs with volume controls
- Dim and mute monitor controls
- Word clock output for sending clock signal to external equipment
- Record with super-low latency through amp simulators and effects plug-ins
- Focusrite Control: a user-friendly control software which enables you to configure your routing and monitor mixes from Mac®, PC, iPad®, iPhone® or iPod touch®
Accolades and Reviews
- MusicTech Choice Award 9/10
- "The Clarett USB range certainly brings that high-quality sound to those lacking Thunderbolt connectivity and also brings low-latency recording and the Air feature too." - MusicTech Review
- "I really enjoyed working with this thing, it's very simple to set up, everything just worked exactly as I was expecting." - Pro Tools Expert Review
- 24-bit / 192 kHz
- 18 inputs and 20 outputs
- 8 Clarett mic preamps with Air mode model and the classic ISA mic preamp sound
- Low noise (-128dB ON)
- Up to 118 dB dynamic range
- Switchable phantom power +48 V
- DIM and mute function
- 8x mic / line input XLR / jack 6.3 mm combo (2 of which can be used as instrument input)
- 10x line output 6.3 mm jack (2 of which are monitor output)
- MIDI In / Out
- ADAT input and output
- S / PDIF input and output coaxial
- 2x stereo headphone output 6.3 mm jack
- Word clock output
- Integrated power supply
- 2x USB cable (standard USB and USB Type-C)
- 19" / 1U housing
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 482.5 x 43.9 x 291 mm
- Weight: 4.08 kg
- Includes XLN Audio Addictive Keys, Focusrite Red Plug-in Suite, Softube Time and Tone Bundle, Focusrite Plug-in Collective and Ableton Live Lite