The Alpha 50 is a compact 5" Studio monitor, using a polyglass cone loaded in a large laminar port and of a 1" (25mm) aluminum inverted dome tweeter.
Focal are well known for their high end, pro studio monitoring solutions like the CM series, so they certainly know how to make quality gear. The Alpha series offers the focal experience for project studios, with a range of nearfield monitors that produce a punch, dispite their compact footprint.
Thanks to the use of renowned Focal technologies such as Polyglass cone woofer or Aluminum inverted dome tweeter, Alpha monitoring speakers provide a large and precise soundstage. The bass frequencies are always controlled and the midrange frequencies are characterised by remarkable neutrality. They reveal the slightest details of the mixes for all styles of music.
- Low directivity: keeps the same sound throughout the room
- Damping and rigidity: neutrality, no distortion
- Tonal balance is identical at low and high volumes; low sensitivity to the wall effects
- Connect up to 2 audio sources
- Optimal acoustic integration
- Reduced power consumption