The Paranormal series goes far beyond what we think we know about Squier guitars. It embraces forgotten models, dabbles in what could have been and stirs the pot of familiar Squier specs.
The Super-Sonic is a wild reversed offset shape, catching onlookers off guard and sucker punching with humbucking pickup potency.
Everything about the Super-Sonic is a full-throttle roller coaster ride. The “C” shape maple neck is explosively fast with a 9.5-inch radius Indian laurel fingerboard to explore.
Its 24-inch scale length (the distance from the nut to the bridge) has two major benefits: the first being the shorter distance in between frets, which makes longer stretches that little bit easier. The second is string tension. The Super-Sonic is perfect for pulling off big bends and extreme vibrato because of the relaxed string resistance.
Hardware on hand includes a classic Squier Vintage-Style tremolo for all your expressive needs, as well as chrome-finished controls and a sturdy bone nut.
Powering the Super-Sonic are two Atomic humbuckers ready to deliver searing driven tones. There's no doubt that the Super-Sonic is perfectly suited to sizzling rock styles. Atomic humbuckers handle gain with aplomb, but also sound smooth and expressive through cleans or edge-of-breakup tones.
- Body: Poplar
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Shape: Super-Sonic
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck Shape: "C" Shape
- Scale Length: 24" (610 mm)
- Fingerboard: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 22
- Frets Size: Narrow Tall
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.575" (40mm)
- Position Inlays: Pearloid Dot
- Truss Rods: Head Adjust
- Bridge Pickup: Atomic Humbucking
- Neck Pickup: Atomic Humbucking
- Controls: Volume 1. (Bridge Pickup), Volume 2. (Neck Pickup)
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Toggle
- Bridge: 6-Saddle Vintage-Style Synchronized Tremolo
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Control Knobs: Black Plastic
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.009-.042 Gauges)