‘50s Fender Strats are some of the most sought-after instruments in the world. The Vintera range replicates those old school fittings, finishes and specs with modern construction techniques. This is the perfect homage to the golden era of guitars.
The Modified Vintera is a souped-up version of the standard model, incorporating newer features to bring it in line with contemporary Fenders. It’s an excellent choice for players who like the look of a vintage guitar but desire modern playability.
Out goes the soft V shape neck and in comes the modern C. This is an ideal balance between slim profile and asymmetric curvature. You’ll feel comfortable playing anywhere across the maple neck, be it rhythm or solo parts. At a 9.5” radius, the fingerboard is slightly wider than normal and easy to perform any playing technique. It’s topped with 21 medium jumbo frets to round off the sleek playing experience.
Fender have installed a trio of vintage hot 50s single coil pickups on this Vintera. They sound crystalline and bell-like, with a considerable amount of grit and ability to handle gain. Ideal for a breadth of genres such as blues, pop and rock. There’s plenty of room to manoeuvre using the five position switch.
You know you have your hands on a classic guitar when the hardware feels this authentic. The modded model is equipped with locking vintage tuners to keep tuning stable throughout play. As with all Fender guitars, the hardware is highly reliable and can take on years of playing having been made in their high-tech Mexico factory.
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Stratocaster
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Profile: Modern "C"
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Number of Frets: 21
- Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style
- Neck Pickup: Vintage-Style '50s Single-Coil Hot Strat
- Middle Pickup: Vintage-Style '50s Single-Coil Hot Strat
- Bridge Pickup: Vintage-Style '50s Single-Coil Hot Strat
- Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup Position 3. Middle Pickup Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup Position 5. Neck Pickup
- Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Vintage-Style Stamped Steel Saddles
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Control Knobs: Aged White
- Tuners: Vintage-Style Locking
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA 250L, NPS, (.009-.042 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Fender Deluxe Gig Bag