Sadly we are unable to ship this product outside of Europe at this time. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you have any questions you can contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or check out our Help Centre.
The Fender Professional Jaguar is a streamlined version of a guitar design from long ago. It no longer contains all of the roller switches, but rather an easy to use 4-way selector switch along with a Michael Frank-designed single-coil V-Mod pickups for vintage Jag tones.
As with all Jags, it has a slightly shorter scale length making it easy to fly up and down the fretboard and the narrow-tall frets and taper neck profile make playing this guitar super easy.
The American Professional range has replaced the American Standards. Made in America with high-end hardware and each one comes with an official Fender hardshell case. There has never before been a run-of-the-mill American Jaguar so this is a new venture for Fender.
The single-coils in the Professional Jaguar were designed by Michael Frank for vintage tone. The bridge has a lot of bite while the neck will give you that rounded tone you'd expect.
The 4 way toggle activates your pickups in the following way: bridge pickup, both pickups in parallel, neck pickup, both pickups in series. When both pickups are activated, the toggle on the top horn of the guitar will act as a phase switch.
The American Professional models also have the Treble Bleed Circuit which keeps the trebles pronounced, even when turning the volume down.
The neck shape is the new Deep C profile which is a tapered neck. This means it’s thinner at the headstock end where you play chords and may want to get your thumb over the top to fret the E-String. The neck flattens out the higher up you go to make faster playing a bit easier and a bit more fluid.
The Narrow-Tall frets make bending a little bit easier as they don’t provide as much friction or resistance as vintage frets do. And because they’re slightly narrower, it gives the actually fret spacing a little more room. It’s an incremental change, but every little helps…
- Series: American Pro
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Neck: Maple or Rosewood, Modern “Deep C”
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane Finish on Back of Neck
- Fingerboard: Maple or Rosewood, 9.5” (241 mm)
- Frets: 22, Narrow Tall
- Position Inlays: Black Dot (Maple), White Dot (Rosewood)
- Nut (Material/Width): Bone, 1.685” (42.8 mm)
- Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
- Scale Length: 24” (610 mm)
Hardware and Electronics
- Bridge: 9.5 inch Radius Jazzmaster/Jaguar Bridge with Vintage-Style
- Floating Tremolo with Tremolo Lock Button and Screw-in Tremolo Arm
- Pickups: V-Mod Single-Coil Jaguar (Bridge/Neck)
- Pickup Switching: 4-Position Blade
- Special Electronics: 2-Position Slide-Switch for In/Out of Phase When Both Pickups are On
- Controls: Master Volume with Treble-Bleed, Master Tone
- Control Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome