Book a video appointment
Buying a premium guitar at the moment is a tricky experience. However, fear not! Our new Guitar Gallery specialists (Paul, and Paul), are on-hand to help talk you through your purchase, make recommendations and give you the confidence to make the right decision.
With over 30 combined years of boutique and rare guitar sales between them, the Pauls really know their stuff and can help you choose, or track down that special piece you’re looking for.
Click here to book your video appointment now.
When you've got the looks, you'd better show them off! The Fender Artisan Thinline Telecaster takes iconic Custom Shop style to new heights with some of the most desirable exotic woods in the world, premium vintage build quality and classic tone.
The Artisan Tele's clear-cut highlight is of course the stunning cocobolo top. Making up the rest of the body is a hollowed Fiji mahogany, where you're getting the best of both sparkling resonance and an alternative wood choice.
Continuing the exotic trend is a gorgeous nitro finish AAA birdseye maple neck, desigend to wear in as you play over time. The “C” neck shape is true to 1963 specifications for a retro-inspired feel.
Topping the neck is a tried and tested 9.5" radius fretboard constructed of an alluring African blackwood and embedded with narrow jumbo frets. Overall, the Artisan delivers on a precise '60s playing experience, boosted further by the '58-'63 Tele bridge with brass RSD saddles to keep tuning and intonation super stable.
The Artisan Thinline Tele delivers on classic tone with a bit of a twist. It's equipped with a double dose of hand-wound Custom Shop '51 Nocasters - both loaded, meaning overwound - to push your amp harder than the standard Nocasters ever could, all the while remaining highly articulate. One more alteration is to the neck pickup, which has open poles for an even grittier, fat tone.
- Series: Artisan
- Country Of Origin: US
- Color: Aged Natural
- Body: Fiji Mahogany with Cocobolo Top
- Body Finish: Lacquer
- Body Shape: Telecaster
- Neck Material: AAA Birdseye Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: 1963 "C"
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Fingerboard: African Blackwood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
- Frets Size: Narrow Jumbo
- String Nut: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Vintage Clay Dot
- Truss Rods: Vintage-Style
- Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Loaded '51 Nocaster
- Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Hand-Wound Open Loaded '51 Nocaster
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Pickup Switching: 3-Position Blade
- Pickup Configuration: SS
- Bridge: '58-'63 Tele® Bridge with Brass RSD Saddles
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Tortoiseshell
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top