Here's what Fender says about the Flea Bass II:
The Flea Jazz Bass Active sports a satin finish with matching headstock. The custom-shaped Jazz Bass body and a hot Fender humbucking pickup with an Aguilar OBP-1 18-volt preamp allows this bass to crank out massive output, perfect for pounding a stadium with the power of funk.
The brainchild of Flea and Fender Custom Shop Master Builder Jason Smith, also a Flea/Red Hot Chili Peppers fan and bass player himself—this is the bass Flea plays live in concert.
Body & Bridge
- Series: Artist Series
- Body Material: Alder
- Body Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass
- Colour: Shell Pink
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Quartersawn Maple
- Neck Shape: C
- Neck Finish: Polyurethane
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: Compound Radius 12''- 16''
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dots
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.620 ''
- Scale Length: 864 mm
Hardware & Electronics
- Hardware Colour: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender Lightweight Vintage Style Keys w/ Tapered Shafts
- Pickup: Fender Custom Humbucking - Bridge
- Special Electronics: Aguilar OBP-1 Preamp
- Controls: Master Volume/Treble/Bass
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 7350MS, NPS, (.045 - .105 Gauges)
- Included Accessories: Vintage Style G&G Hardshell Case & Certificate of Authenticity