Here's what Epiphone says about the Toby Deluxe-IV Bass:
Toby Deluxe IV
Epiphone is proud to reintroduce the classic bass that players have been waiting for, the Toby Deluxe IV. With it’s roots in the original designs of Michael Tobias and introduced over 10 years ago, the “Toby” brought real innovation to modern bass players. And now, Epiphone and Tobias team up to bring back this classic design, once again putting cutting edge sounds and designs in the hands of all musicians.
Like all Epiphone instruments, the Toby Deluxe IV comes with our Limited Lifetime Warranty backed by Gibson Musical Instruments’ famous 24/7/365 day Customer Service. Check out the bold and innovative Toby Deluxe IV today!
The Toby Deluxe IV features the classic ergonomic body shape that bassists find so easy to play, providing a focused, ‘finished’ sound that has all the punch of an upright bass with all the clear detail of an electric. And now, the Toby Deluxe IV comes with an Active Tonexpressor™ Bass Enhancement Control for making creative blends and fine adjustments to cut through dense mixes.
- Body: Radiata
- Neck: Hard maple
- Neck Joint: Bolt-on, extended with recessed bolts/washers
- Machine Heads: Premium die-cast 17:1
- Scale Length: 34”
- Fingerboard Radius: 12”
- Nut width: 1.68”
- Bridge Pickup: Tobias TBT™ Dual Rail Humbucker
- Neck Pickup: Tobias TBR™ Dual Rail Humbucker
- Controls: 1-Master volume, 1-Pickup blend with center detent, Master Tone, Active Tonexpressor™ Bass Enhancement Control with 9-volt battery and inside cavity cover
- Knobs: Knurled, all metal
- Bridge: Flush-mount, low-profile, fully adjustable
- Truss Rod: Metal, fully adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: ABS - Black at body end