Building on the amazing Tweaker 15 from Egnater the Tweaker 88 is more powerful, and somehow even more versatile live than its smaller brother. With 6 different tweaker switches controlling 2 channels with seperate master volumes you have real control over your tone in this all valve amplifier.
So Much Control
There is so much to talk about with this amp it may sound a little daunting. Trust us that it is so easy to work your way around and to dial in the tone you are looking for. Starting off you have two channels each with their own independant master volume and gain controls and boost sections but with a shared EQ.
This EQ has the option of being set up in one of three modes; USA, AC or Brit. In USA mode the midrange is a bit more scooped and you get a much thicker and warmer sound. In AC mode you get some classic chime that you would have heard from bands like Queen and Fleetwood Mac, Finally in Brit mode you get that bitey black and gold amp tone heard on all kinds of different blues, rock and even metal albums.
Looking again at the different channels it is not quite as simple as just a gain and volume control. Egnater have added 5 different switches on each of the channels that are completely independant.
- Vintage / Modern: Sets the feel and response of the amplifier to fit either more classic loser tones or more modern options with tighter attack.
- Tight / Deep: This sets the low end response of the channel.
- Bright / Normal: Increases the high end of the amplifier to add edge to warmer pickups.
- Hot / Clean: Think of this as your modes. Clean goes from crystal clear to crunch and Hot takes you from crunch to crushing high gain.
- Mid Cut / Normal: This scoops out the mids in the up position for smoother blues tones.
If you love playing a lot of different styles but don't want to fill your house with tonnes of amps for every situation the Tweaker is the perfect option. It is not very often that you get this much control out of an amplifier let alone one that delivers 100% real tube tone.
88w of All Valve Power!
Rated at 88w you can easily take this amp to any gig and you will never have to worry about not being loud enough. Built on all valve circuitry this amp doesn't use any modelling technology to get its tones. A pair of KT-88 power amp valve and a quad of 12AX7 preamp valve help push all of these tones through your cabinet of choice no matter if you are at home, in the studio or on a stadium tour.
Here's what Egnater say about the Tweaker 88 Head
The Tweaker 88 is a quasi four channel (2 channels with individual boost), 88-watt amp driven by two robust KT-88 power tubes and four hand selected 12AX7 preamp tubes. Recently awarded the coveted Guitar Player's Editor's Pick Award and Guitar World's Gold Award, this flagship amp allows you to personalize every aspect of your tone. The thirteen on-board Tweaker switches offer a seemingly endless palette of tonal variations. The boost channels can either be set for clean boost or volume + gain boost for your soaring solos. From lush classic clean to all out shred, the Tweaker-88 has the power and control to satisfy your jones for tone. A rugged 4-button footswitch is included.
- 88-Watt All-Tube Amp
- 2 x KT-88
- 4 x 12AX7
- Bass, Middle & Treble Controls
- Volume & Gain on Each Channel
- Independent Boost Level Per Channel: Switch to Select Clean Boost or Volume + Gain Boost
- Buffered Effects Loop with Level Selector
- 4 Button Footswitch Included
- 117V/230V Voltage Selector
- Dimensions: 8.24" (D) x 23.5" (W) x 9" (H)
- Weight: 32lbs