The D-ROC Standard is an affordable, but brilliant bass guitar. It features a classic design and a high-quality mahogany body, partnered with smoked nickel Hipshot/Dingwall hardware. It’s a match made in bass heaven. This 4-string model comes in a striking, Matte Blue to Purple Colourshift finish.
Hand Picked Hardware
Dingwall have decided on an open-back tuner for the D-ROC. It helps to provide a smooth feel and is extremely lightweight. They are also known for being very reliable, offering years of high-level performance without any issues. A great tone pairs nicely with this solid performance, in part due to an available bridge/saddle system. This has then been improved upon through the implementation of a custom riser system – which grants increased range of action adjustability.
The FD-3N pickups in the D-ROC (made to meet Dingwall expectations) ensure an aggressive, but buttery smooth tone. This is because of the decision to use quality Neodymium magnets. New Smoked Nickel knurled dome style knobs with a set-screw further adds to the excellent electronics found on this bass.
Body and Neck
A well-crafted mahogany body has been used, which helps to reduce the weight of the bass and provides a comfortable playing experience. The average weight of a D-ROC Standard is between 8.5lbs and 9.5lbs – making it a great choice for long playing sessions. The matte finish is durable, and will remain looking amazing for a long period of time. The bass sounds just as good as It looks!
Stability and reliability are guaranteed due to a 5-piece maple neck construction. Many Dingwall players even say that this results in a neck that is as stable as many graphite necked instruments they’ve played previously. The choice of a flat headstock – with Hipshot licensed Ultralite tuners – achieves a truly excellent balance. Playability has also been enhanced thanks to the addition of smaller, 18% hard nickel silver fretwire. It offers you a much faster feel, as well as a woodier, less metallic tone.
- Finish: Matte Blue to Purple Colourshift (Matching Headstock Edge)
- Hardware Colour: Smoked Nickel
- Hardware: Hipshot/Dingwall
- Strap Pins: Standard
- Bridge: Improved Bridge/Saddle System with Custom Riser
- Tuners: Open Back Tuner
- Jack: Traditional Style Jack Plate with a Switchcraft Brand Jack
- Knobs: Smoked Nickel Knurled Dome Style Knobs with Set-Screw
- Pickup Switching: Position 1 – Bridge (CCW), Position 2 – Bridge/Middle (Parallel), Position 3 – Middle, Position 4 – Bridge/Middle/Neck (CW)
- Standard Electronics: Passive, FD-3n Pickups, Volume, Rotary Pickup Selector, Passive Tone
- Pickup Options: 3 Pickup Neck/Middle/Bridge
- Pickups: FD-3N Pickups Made to Dingwall Specifications
- Postion Markers and Inlays: 3mm Plastic Face Dots, 2mm Plastic Side Dots
- Fret Options: 18% Hard Nickel Silver Fretwire
- Standard Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Radius: 240mm (9.45")
- 4-String Model – E A D G
- Headstock: Flat
- Neck Reinforcement: Heavy Duty Truss-Rod
- Neck Carve: Medium Thin C Shape
- Neck Construction: 5-Piece Maple
- Body: Mahogany
- Weight (Average): 8.5lbs to 9.5lbs