Darkglass' Microtubes B7K Ultra pedal changed the game in the bass world, giving players a powerful sonic tool that could essentially replace a full bass rig. Known for their trailblazing ideas and unparalleled punchy tones, Darkglass have returned with the latest addition to the stunning B7K bloodline: the Microtubes B7K Ultra V2!
Building on the successful formula of its predecessor, the V2 offers an additional headphone output for silent jamming without compromising your tone, and a newly-introduced aux input for playing along to your favourite backing tracks. All of these features make for an incredibly comprehensive tool for the modern bass player!
The Darkglass Microtubes B7K Ultra V2 sports a highly-tweakable 4-band EQ section complete with numerous frequency and tone-tweaking switches that affect different mid-points.
This pedal therefore allows you to dig seriously deep with your bass sound, and with the ability to even blend your clean input signal with the overdriven signal, you can precisely determine just the right amount of dirt. It doesn't get much more versatile than this!
Convincing Cab Simulation
Modern appointments include a USB port for loading virtual cabinet impulse responses into the pedal from the Darkglass Suite, as well as a cab-simulated 3.5mm headphone output for silent practice. A balanced XLR output with switchable cab simulation is also available, for sending the pedal's signal straight to a front-of-house PA system or into your interface for direct, hassle-free recording.
Undoubtedly, one of best features that the Microtubes B7K Ultra V2 has to offer is its 3.5mm stereo aux input. This enables you to play along to backing tracks or your favourite songs via a connected smartphone, tablet or laptop.
- Microtubes dynamic saturation circuit
- Attack and Grunt frequency emphasis switches
- Clean and Distortion type Blend controls
- Separate Bypass and Distortion foot-switches allows use of Distortion and EQ independently
- 4 Band EQ, 6 selectable mid points
- ± 20dB master volume control
- IR (impulse response) cabinet simulation
- Load different Virtual Cabinets (one at a time)
- Connect to your PC/Mac via Micro-USB
- Free ‘Darkglass Suite’ software
- 3.5mm Headphone output with cabinet simulation
- 3.5mm Auxiliary input
- Balanced XLR output with switchable IR cabinet simulation
- Switchable ground lift • Input impedance: 1M Ohm
- Output impedance: 1k Ohm
- Powered by optional 9V PSU (9V DC, centre -, 2.1mm, ~110mA current draw)