Here's what Darkglass say about the Microtubes 900 V2:
Three years ago Darkglass Electronics released it’s first amplifier, the Microtubes 900. Its unusual features, and design embodied the Darkglass ethos like none of our previous products. It was an uncompromising amplifier, incredibly versatile, and unapologetically loud. Now, a thousand days after the first Microtubes 900 saw the light of day, we are proud to announce the next step in its evolution, the Microtubes 900 v2.
With enhanced durability, improved equalizer, studio-grade compression, impulse response cabinet emulation, and MIDI control, the Microtubes 900 v2 features all the options the modern, professional bassist needs in a compact, sleek, and loud format.
Front panel features
- Passive/Active - Use this push-button switch to change from passive to active mode. If your bass is active it can have a hotter signal making the amp to distort early (feel free to use if such additional distortion is desired).
- Microtubes - Use this push button to turn on or off the Microtubes Engine to add natural compression, organic harmonic enhancement, and saturation ranging from mild overdrive to high gain bass rage. The Microtubes Engine operates before the clean section (you can therefore use the 6 Band Active EQ for additional tone shaping in addition to the Tone knob described below).
- Compression - This knob controls the amount of dynamic compression added to the Microtubes Engine. The make up gain is adjusted automatically. The compression can be turn off or assigned using the Darkglass Suite.
- Drive, Tone, Level, Blend
- B3K/VMT - This push-button switch selects between two overdrive voicings: B3K mode will deliver an aggressive, percussive sound while the VMT will bring up the mids for a warmer, more neutral character.
- Gain, Bass, Mids, Treble, Master
Back Panel Features
- Speaker Output
- Min-Load - Press this switch when using a 2Ω load. You can use this control to lower the output if your 4Ω cabinet is not able handle more than 500W (you can also get 350W with an 8Ω cabinet in this configuration).
- Send, Return
- Ground Lift - Use this control to lift the ground of the DI XLR output. If you are experiencing ground noise in your DI signal try changing the setting of this control.
- Pre DI Output, Post DI Output
- USB - The USB connector allows you to use the Darkglass Suite to load different cabinet impulses or change different parameters on your amp (midi, compressor, etc)
- Headphone Output, Headphone Volume, Aux In
- Cabinet Select - Switches between 3 different cabinet impulses and bypass this section for a rawer sound. Hold this button enter MIDI Learn mode to choose the MIDI channel.
- MIDI - The midi input allows you to change channels, toggle the mute and compressor, and select the cabinet simulation slot with any standard MIDI device. Both Program Change and Control Change commands can be used.
- Footswitch - The Intelligent Footswitch is proprietary digitally controlled device that allows you to remotely engage and disengage the Microtubes Engine. You can also hold the footswitch to Mute the amplifier. The VMT/B3K push button will remain operational with the Intelligent Footswitch plugged in.
- AC Socket, AC Power ON/OFF