Born in NYC’s Little Italy, D’Angelico is widely regarded as one of the finest archtop guitar manufacturers of the 20th century. Nowadays, they make guitars of all shapes and sizes; built with the same exceptional detail, mastery and flair that put them on the map.
The Deluxe DH serves up the very best of classic D’Angelico design and contemporary performance. With the unique headstock design, art deco gold hardware and Mother of Pearl/Abalone block inlays, it’s every bit as luxurious as you’d expect. Add dual Seymour Duncan ’59 humbuckers to the mix and you’ve got a guitar that’s sounds as classy as it looks.
Body & Neck
The Deluxe DH is a curvy single-cut guitar that offers solid humbucking tones. The body is made of Maple, a classic tonewood favoured by semi-hollow guitars for its solidity. 5-ply binding and a smooth matte finish tops it off with luxurious aesthetic.
The multi-piece neck employs a strip of Walnut set between solid Maple. This adds an edge to the Maple/humbucker combination with extra top-end brightness, great for lead playing clarity. On top is a lush Rosewood fingerboard.
Hardware & Electronics
The twin USA Seymour Duncan humbuckers deliver a warm but gutsy snarl. But thanks to the six-position toggle switch and coil-tap controls, the Deluxe DH is no one-trick pony. It’ll clean up beautifully, just as suited to jazz & funk as it is to anthemic rock.
The hardware is where some of this instrument’s true character shines. Supremely adorned with gold hardware, including Grover Super Rotomatic Locking tuners, it’s an undeniably striking instrument. But everything has a purpose; expect fantastic tuning stability, squeaky-clean intonation and reliability across the board.
- Body style: Semi-hollow
- Shape: Double cutaway
- Body material: Flame Maple
- Binding (top): 5-ply
- Pickguard: F-hole style (5-ply)
- Neck material: Maple/Walnut/Maple
- Neck finish: Natural satin
- Neck shape: C-shape
- Neck joint: Set-thru
- Fretboard material: Rosewood
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Scale length: 24.75”
- Radius: 14”
- Inlays: Mother of Pearl/Abalone Split Block
- Frets: 22, medium-jumbo Jescar
- Bridge pickup: USA Seymour Duncan DA-59 Humbucker
- Neck pickup: USA Seymour Duncan DA-59 Humbucker
- Controls: Neck volume, neck tone, bridge volume, bridge tone, push/pull coil-tap 6-way toggle switch
- Tuners: Grover Super Rotomatic Locking
- Nut material: Tusq
- Bridge: Gold Tune-O-Matic