Born in NYC’s Little Italy, D’Angelico is widely regarded as one of the finest archtop guitar manufacturers of the 20th century. Nowadays, they make guitars of all shapes and sizes; all built with the same exceptional detail, mastery and flair that put them on the map. The Premier Atlantic is no exception.
Bold design appointments like D’Angelico’s unique headstock design, multi-ply binding and white pearloid block inlays ensure that it’s a real head-turner. In addition, dual Duncan-Designed pickups, coil-tap controls and a satin maple neck offer a vibrant tonal palette and a premium playability.
This single-cut instrument offers solid humbucking tones. The Mmahogany body provides the perfect platform for its fat-sounding pickups. 3-ply binding rounds it off with a luxurious old-school look. The neck uses a maple scarf construction with a set-thru joint.
Chrome hardware is used from top to bottom. This gives the Premier Atlantic a reserved but classy look, and the rotomatic stairstep tuners & stopbar configuration ensure tuning stability and reliable intonation. The Premier Atlantic is a workhorse instrument that’s more versatile than its vibrant look suggests!
Twin Duncan-Designed humbuckers deliver a warm but gutsy snarl. But thanks to the tonewood choices and coil-tap controls, the Premier Atlantic is no one-trick pony. It’ll clean up beautifully, just as suited to jazz as it is to anthemic rock.
- Body style: Solid-body
- Shape: Single cutaway
- Body material: Mahogany
- Binding (top): 3-ply
- Pickguard: F-hole style (5-ply)
- Neck material: Maple Scarf
- Neck finish: Natural satin
- Neck shape: C-shape
- Neck joint: Set-thru
- Fretboard material: Ovangkol
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Scale length: 24.75”
- Radius: 14” Inlays: White Pearloid Block
- Frets: 22, medium
- Bridge pickup: Seymour Duncan-Designed HB-101 Humbucker
- Neck pickup: Seymour Duncan-Designed HB-102 Humbucker
- Controls: Neck volume, neck tone, bridge volume, bridge tone, push/pull coil-tap 3-way toggle switch
- Tuners: Rotomatic Stairstep
- Nut material: PPS
- Bridge: Chrome Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Stopbar