Rabea Massaad's signature model is an absolute beast of a guitar offering bite and power when you need it most - Bea’s signature precision components meets classic design considerations. This particular edition comes with a Roasted Birdseye Maple neck, an eye-popping Mapa Burl top, and a Seymour Duncan/Bare Knuckle pickup combo.
Rabea Massaad on the ML3 BEA:
“The ML3 BEA guitars are an amalgamation of all my guitar influences musically and physically up to now in my career - achieving a combination of beauty and brutality - both tonally and visually!”
Body & Neck
Satin finished Alder is used for the body, known for its pronounced upper midrange, as well as a stunning Mapa Burl top. This makes it perfect for contemporary styles, and allows to remain resonant and clear in any mix - particularly important with dense compositions and complex musical styles. A series of carved curves also ensure that you'll be ultra-comfortable handling the ML3 BEA.
The bolt-on neck is Roasted Birdseye Maple, offering snappy tone and stunning looks in equal measure – perfect for adding brightness and attack to your tone.
Hardware & Electronics
Rabea selected the pickups for his signature model to make sure that the sound suited his unique playing style. Naturally, his signature Bare Knuckle Silo pickup sits in the bridge position, for guttural riffs and sizzling leads a like. A Seymour Duncan SL59 combines humbucker resonance with the sensitivity of a single-coil – perfect for pronounced neck-position punch.
It doesn't end there though; a 5-way switch and coil tap allows for a whole host of extra sounds, allowing you to make full use of this exquisite pickup combination.
Gold hardware and reveal binding polishes off this guitars classy, modern aesthetic. A Schaller bridge provides classic expressiveness without the associated hassle, while the Graph Tech tusq nut ensures tuning stability and a responsive action. All in all, the ML3 BEA Carthus Burst offers far more than djent mayhem - it's a perfectly precise machine that'll respond brilliantly to whatever you throw at it.
- Headstock: Angled heritage headstock
- Neck: Roasted Birdseye Maple with satin finish
- Top: Mapa Burl Solid Flat Top with Satin Finish
- Body: Alder with satin finish
- Body carves: Arm Carve, Front Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Tummy Cut, Rear Lower Spoon Cut, Rear Heel Contour
- Fretboard: Roasted Birdseye Maple Fretboard with Rolled Edges
- Binding: Reveal
- Frets: 22 Jumbo Stainless Steel Frets
- Fret markers: Glow-in-the-dark side dots
- 12th fret inlay: Mother of Pearl infinity
- Scale length: 648mm (25.5")
- String nut: Graph tech black Tusq XL nut
- Truss rod: Dual action
- Bridge: Schaller
- Neck pickup: Seymour Duncan SL59 Mini Humbucker Mini Humbucker
- Bridge pickup: Bare Knuckle Silo Rabea Signature Humbucker Humbucker
- Pickup switch: 5-way super switch with coil split
- Controls: Master volume (500k), master tone (500k)
- Strap buttons: Chapman strap locks
- Case: Chapman Pro hard case