Here’s what the maker has to say:
The result of a unique collaboration between Brian May, his long-standing guitar tech Pete Malandrone and House Music, The best-selling BMG SPECIAL combines the distinctive aesthetics and sound of the legendary Red Special with a wealth of modern appointments and superb quality, production-line craftsmanship.
Acoustic Chambered Mahogany Body
True to the look and spirit of the "Old Lady", the instantly recognisable pinstripe-bound, double cutaway mahogany body features an acoustic chamber modelled on Brian's original design that enhances the Special's natural resonance and decreases weight.
24" Scale Mahogany Neck
Engineered with a decidely contemporary feel, and considerably less deeply contoured than the somewhat gargantuan proportions of the "Old Lady", the glued-in Mahogany neck sports a generous 45mm nut width, comfortably spacious "D" profile and wonderfully smooth 24 fret ebony fingerboard.
Tri-Sonic Style Pickups
Modern replicas of the classic '60's Burns design units that are so fundamental to the Red Special's powerful sonic character, the three series-wired, single-coil pickups feature the same retro-styling, winding and magnet alignment as the originals.
Original BM Switching System
As per the original BM design, The Special is equipped with 6 white-capped slider switches controlling individual pickup on/off and phase reversal and providing a vast range of tonal variations.
Wilkinson Knife-Edge Tremolo
Trevor Wilkinson's "Wave" tremolo-bridge provides a strikingly modern look to The Special as well as delivering smooth, comfortable performance and exceptional stability and sustain.
Grover Locking Tuners
Featuring Grover's innovative Rotomatic internal "Locking Cam", these superb machine heads automatically lock your strings as you tune, allowing for super-fast string changes and ensuring rock-solid tuning stability, even with heavy tremolo use.
- Body: Acoustic Chambered Mahogany with Bookmatched Mahogany Top
- Binding: 6-Ply Pinstripe, Front + Back
- Neck: 1-Piece Mahogany
- Finish: Gloss
- Truss Rod: Dual Action (440mm)
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Frets: 24 Medium Jumbo 18% Nickel Frets + Zero Fret
- Inlays: White Front + Side Dots
- Neck Join: Set Neck Construction
- Pickups: 3 x BM Brand Custom Tri-Sonic Style Series Wired Single Coil
- Switches: White Slider Switches, 3 x Pickup On/Off, 3 x Pickup Phase In/Out
- Controls: Master Volume + Master Tone (250k) with BM Replica, Lathe-Turned, Billet Stock, Aluminium Control Knobs
- Bridge: Wilkinson WVP Knife Edge Tremolo (36mm Block) with Brass Saddles, Custom BMG Trem Arm with Plastic Tip
- Machineheads: 3-A-Side Grover 406 Mini Locking Rotomatic Tuners
- Nut: Graphite/PPS Black (45mm x 6mm)
- Included Extras: Premium Quality Gig Bag with Stitched Brian May Guitars Logo