Boss are renowned for pioneering new technologies in the guitar world, and their EV-1-WL represents another breakthrough as the world’s first wireless MIDI expression pedal! Enabling you to take command of your MIDI music gear, the EV-1-WL provides wireless foot control for the Boss Eurus GS-1 guitar and Waza-Air amp headphones, music apps on mobile devices, and anything that can receive CC messages via Bluetooth MIDI.
In addition, USB and MIDI TRS connectivity are on hand for wired control of computer music software and standard MIDI devices. So whether you go wireless or wired, or both at once, the Boss EV-1-WL delivers a ton of convenient MIDI power in a compact footprint!
- Powerful MIDI control pedal with three ways to connect: Bluetooth wireless, USB and TRS MIDI.
- Use all three outputs at once with independent MIDI CC settings for each.
- Communicate wirelessly with the Boss GS-1 guitar, Waza-Air and any device that supports Bluetooth MIDI.
- Class-compliant USB for plug-and-play operation with music software on macOS and Windows computers.
- TRS MIDI output for controlling MIDI devices with TRS or 5-pin inputs.
- Supports communication with the Roland WM-1 and WM-1D wireless MIDI adaptors.
- Built-in toe switch with on/off indicators on both sides of the pedal.
- Control input for up to two Boss FS-series footswitches.
- Dedicated iOS/Android app for assigning MIDI CC numbers, customising the response, and more.
- Powered with two AA batteries or Boss PSA-series adaptor (sold separately).
Expand Your Performance Range with Bluetooth
The EV-1-WL is the ideal creative partner for the growing range of music performance hardware with Bluetooth wireless support. Use it to control pitch bend, filter, and other synth functions in the Boss GS-1 guitar. Or add external footswitches to create a wireless mini pedalboard for patch selection, wah/volume control, and more in the Waza-Air personal guitar amp system. The EV-1-WL can also communicate wirelessly with standard 5-pin MIDI devices that have the Roland WM-1 Wireless MIDI Adaptor installed.
Wireless MIDI Control for Computers & Mobile Devices
Pair the EV-1-WL via Bluetooth with Mac computers, smartphones and tablets to interface with music apps that support remote operation with MIDI CC messages — from guitar amp simulators and effects to virtual instruments and music production software. And if you’re a Windows user, you can add a Roland WM-1D dongle for wireless communication with the EV-1-WL.
Plug-and-Play via USB
The Boss EV-1-WL also works as a standalone USB MIDI controller for music software on Mac or Windows computers. The class-compliant interface means there are no drivers to install — simply plug in with a USB cable and configure your software as needed for external MIDI input.
Control MIDI Stompboxes, Multi-Effects & More!
With its space-saving TRS MIDI output, the EV-1-WL is a powerful accessory for all types of MIDI music hardware, from effect pedals and multi-effects processors to keyboards, drum machines and beyond. Use a TRS-to-TRS cable to connect with Boss pedals equipped with TRS MIDI, including 200 series effects and the RC-5 and RC-500 Loop Stations. Or grab the Boss BMIDI-5-35 cable to connect with any device that has a standard 5-pin MIDI input jack.
Highly-Customisable via Editor App
The free EV-1-WL Editor app for iOS and Android devices lets you customise MIDI CC assignments for the EV-1-WL’s pedal, toe switch, and up to two external footswitches. The Bluetooth, USB, and TRS MIDI outputs support simultaneous operation, and you can create independent control settings for each. It’s also possible to set the switches for momentary or latching operation, adjust the pedal’s response curve, and much more!
- POWER Switch
- Bluetooth Button
- MIDI OUT Jack: Stereo Miniature Phone Type
- USB COMPUTER Port: USB B Type
- CTL 1, 2 Jack: 1/4-Inch TRS Phone Type
- DC IN Jack
- Alkaline Battery (AA, LR6) x 2
- AC Adaptor (Sold Separately)
- Current Draw: 75 mA
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions: 87 (W) x 200 (D) x 62 (H) mm
- Weight: 650 g / 1 lb 7 oz (Including Batteries)