The Behringer TD-3 faithfully replicates the look and sound of the classic 303 bassline – a synth that became synonymous with Acid House and EDM in the ‘80s and early ‘90s. USB and MIDI connectivity provides more creative options for modern rigs, while the reproduction of the original circuitry and a pure analog signal path delivers the crunchy, squeaky, squelchy tone that we know and love.
- Square/sawtooth waveform VCO for classic single-oscillator chunky tone
- 4-pole low-pass resonant filter delivers control over accent, decay, envelope, resonance and cut-off
- 16-step sequencer features 7 tracks (with 250 user patterns)
- Arpeggiator allows you to craft detailed wide sonic layers
- Transistor wave-shaping circuitry
- Modelled on the analogue signal path made popular by classic VCA/VCF/VCO architecture
- Matched transistors, faithfully reproduces original circuitry
- USB/MIDI compatibility
- Voice priority and MIDI channel selection
- Tweak your settings on the fly using the onboard 28 switches and 11 individual controls
- 16-voice poly chain
Crafting Dynamic Sonics
The 24dB/octave filter system has been painstakingly modelled on the 303 - arguably its most defining feature. With the same chirping sweet spots as the original, this little unit offers heaps of fun with minimal hassle. Plug in and let the bass take control!
The VCO encourages further sonic exploration. Swapping between square and sawtooth waveforms is quick and easy. Built-in distortion lets you tip the TD-3 into that classic crunchy sound that defined so many '90s hits.
It's simple to make an impressive array of rhythms and sounds via the complex (in a charming way) 16-step sequencer; it boasts seven individual tracks, with 250 user patterns available on each one. The onboard arpeggiator strips it back even further, allowing you to get more hands-on for live performance or dynamic studio sessions.
The TD-3 has been fitted with USB and MIDI connections. You’ll be able to utilise the timeless 303 tones in your digital productions by plugging into your computer and external MIDI gear. If you’re so inclined, you can also link together multiple synths with the TD-3 (up to 16 voice polyphony) thanks to a newly incorporated 16-voice Poly Chain feature. Ever wondered what 16 303s might sound like? Wonder no more...