Boss have been making incredible compact pedals for decades. The unfortunate side is that some pedals come and go with no indication of a return. Now with Waza Craft, Boss are paving the way for the return for some of their most elusive creations. This is exactly the case with the VB-2W Vibrato, which was first made in the '80s.
The VB-2W is an interesting design, as the original pedal contained BBD-driven circuit which gave your whole sound a warm, amazing undertone. Now pedals have moved on to the point where transparency is key. With VB-2w, Boss wanted to give you the best of both worlds. Inside are two modes, Standard and Custom.
In standard mode you are replicating the warm tone of the original. Switch over to Custom mode and you activate a low pass filter that moves with the effect and wider controls to let you dial in more extreme settings.
A Rare Replica
The VB-2 is a rare pedal. It was produced for just 4 years between 1982 and 1986, never to be seen again. This means the original VB-2 is worth a good sum of money on the used market - if you can ever find one! Access those exclusive sounds in the Waza Craft production.
- Premium edition Waza Craft pedal delivers the ultimate BOSS tone experience
- Custom mode features a totally new vibrato sound with unique filter wave
- Standard mode provides a true reproduction of the vintage VB-2 Vibrato sound
- All-analog circuit with BBD (bucket brigade) vibrato line
- Control the effect depth in real time with an optional expression pedal
- Rise Time knob to control the initial onset of the vibrato effect
- Unlatch mode activates the effect only while pressing the pedal, ideal for adding vibrato to specific notes and chords
- Bypass mode takes the BBD out of the signal path to eliminate latency when the effect is off
- BOSS five-year warranty