The CH-1 Chorus Ensemble covers a wide frequency range and features high- and low-cut filters. This lets you create any kind of chorus effect from a mild, natural chorus to the clear and penetrating stereo chorus effect popular in contemporary music. Delivers a clean chorus sound with crystal-clear highs and a unique stereo effect, variable between the left and right speakers. An EQ function adjusts the tonality of the chorus sound.
Boss pedals are renowned for quality and value and the CH-1 has been an industry favourite for over 20 years. What that means is you get a great sounding pedal with adjustable settings to fit your style that is very affordable.
What does a chorus pedal do?
Basically what a chorus pedal does is repeat what you play at very close intervals, were talking miliseconds, to make it sound like multiple guitars are playing . When you increase the depth, it increases the intensity of the effect, in other words, it make it sound as if there are more voices. When you adjust the rate (or delay time) it simply makes the repeats occur closer together or farther apart. When you hear the rich guitars on songs like Fade To Black (Metallica), Paradise City (Guns N Roses) and Nirvana's Come As You Are those are all run through a chorus pedal.
- Classic BOSS chorus pedal with clean, brilliant sound for guitar and keyboards
- Effect Level, EQ, Rate and Depth knobs allow for precise shaping of sound
- Features Mono input and Stereo outputs for connection to dual amps
- BOSS five-year warranty
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Buffered bypass
- DEPTH knob
- RATE knob
- EQ knob
- E.LEVEL knob
- Pedal switch
- CHECK indicator (Used for indication of check battery)
- INPUT jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- OUTPUT A/B jack: 1/4-inch phone type
- DC IN jack
- Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22) or Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61)
- AC adaptor (PSA series: sold separately)
- 25 mA
Expected battery life under continuous use
- Carbon: Approx. 11.5 hours
- Alkaline: Approx. 26.0 hours
- *These figures will vary depending on the actual conditions of use.
- Owner's manual
- Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTES," and "Information")
- Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22)
Size and Weight
- Width: 73 mm (2-7/8 inches)
- Depth: 129 mm (5-1/8 inches)
- Height: 59 mm (2-3/8 inches)
- Weight (including battery): 400 g (15 oz)