Pedal geeks rejoice for today is a grand day for us all! Yes the time has come for us to cease our obsessive web trawling, seeking 'the one' pedal that just won't pop up on internet auction sites.. EVER!!
Boss have released the 'Waza Craft' Series of pedals, giving you boutique brilliance with all the modern perks of guitar effects! If you're been searching long and hard, far and wide for the original Boss BD-2 you'll be all too familiar with how frustrating it can sometimes be to locate one, especially in a state which you can actually use it. Well you're tiresome search has come to an end, finally!
The Japanese Boss manufacturers have developed a special breed of pedal that not only flawlessly reproduces all of that vintage, authentic tone of the older analogue circuitry, but also offers the razor-sharp benefits of modern technology, in one single analogue foot pedal.
Even the fussiest, most die-hard old-skool fans can be happy with this one, as the circuitry used is all-analogue and therefore brings you gloriously rich, vintage sound and feel, warming your soul and the hearts of all those who hear you play. Simply switch between both options to achieve your desired tone, whether that's warm, authentic analogue vibes, or super-crisp, responsive, modern attack, the BD-2W Blues Driver delivers every time!
What Boss say about the BD-2W Blues Driver:
Responsiveness Outshined With a Modernized Vintage Vibe
Passionately designed by the master engineers at BOSS in Japan, the Waza Craft BD-2W delivers a premium stomp experience that fans of customized pedal tone will love. Crafted with an ear for highly refined sound, the BD-2W takes the classic Blues Driver grit to a new level with all-discrete analog circuitry. Standard mode captures the classic BD-2 tone while Custom mode delivers new body and sustain.
WAZA CRAFT: The Art of Superior Tone
Since the beginning, the engineers at BOSS have been committed to achieving the finest guitar tones using any technology necessary, from old-school analog circuits to high-tech DSP. Continuing this enthusiastic spirit, we are pleased to introduce the new Waza Craft series. In Japan, “Waza” is the term for art and technique, and these special edition pedals proudly carry the Waza symbol to represent the pinnacle of BOSS design and craftsmanship. With final sound approval carried out by BOSS in Japan, the Waza Craft series brings you exceptional tone and touch response through carefully-selected analog components, refined circuitry, and meticulous attention to detail.
- Special edition Waza Craft pedal delivers the ultimate BOSS tone experience
- Premium sound based on the classic BD-2 Blues Driver
- Newly revised, all-analog discrete amplifier circuit
- Standard and Custom sound modes
- Highly responsive to picking dynamics and volume changes
- BOSS five-year warranty
- Nominal Input Level: -20 dBu
- Input Impedance: 1 M ohm
- Nominal Output Level: -20 dBu
- Output Impedance: 1 k ohm
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 k ohms or greater
- Pedal switch
- Mode switch
- LEVEL knob
- TONE knob
- GAIN knob
- CHECK indicator (Serves also as battery check indicator)
- INPUT jack
- OUTPUT jack
- DC IN jack
- Alkaline battery (9 V, 6LR61) or Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22)
- AC adaptor (sold separately)
- 18 mA
- Owner's Manual
- Leaflet ("USING THE UNIT SAFELY," "IMPORTANT NOTE," and "Information")
- Carbon-zinc battery (9 V, 6F22)
Size And Weight
- Width: 73 mm (2-7/8 inches)
- Depth: 129 mm (5-1/8 inches)
- Height: 59 mm (2-3/8 inches)
- Weight: 430 g (0 lbs. 16 oz.)