Blackstar Dept. 10 Valve-Powered Dual Drive Pedal
Featuring ECC83 Preamp Tube, 2 Channels, 4 Voices, ISF Tone-Shaping Control & 'Cab Rig' Simulator
Order now for delivery to you on Fri 12th Aug 2022.
to order online today
at our Guildford Store
FREE UK Delivery
Earn 229 Loyalty Points
Click and Collect
Blackstar labels its Dept. 10 stompboxes as "the world’s most advanced valve pedals", by combining traditional high-voltage design with their latest technology. A bold claim indeed, but when you hear one of these in action — it's hard to disagree! All equipped with an ECC83 (12AX7) preamp tube, these incredible units deliver the organic dynamics, tone and break-up of a real valve amp from a compact chassis that integrates easily into any setup.
Dual Drive — Flexible, High-Octane Gain!
The Dual Drive is capable of covering all of your overdrive and distortion needs. But it's not just a versatile gain pedal, it's also a world-class valve recording preamp that can act as the tonal centrepiece for your pedalboard! With 2 footswitchable channels and 3 crunch/overdrive voices alongside a crystal-clear clean mode, there's also Blackstar's patented ISF tone-shaping control, a 3-band EQ, low-latency USB & XLR outputs and Dept. 10’s proprietary 'Cab Rig' simulator technology. It does a lot!
- Driven by an ECC83 triode valve running at more than 200V internally; allowing the pedal to provide organic tone, huge dynamics and exquisite break-up.
- Versatile 2-channel design, with 2 voices per channel. Channel 1: Clean & Crunch 1, Channel 2: Crunch 2 & Overdrive.
- Blackstar's patented ISF control allows you to shape the overall tone for a more British or American character, working in conjunction with the 3-band EQ.
- Effects loop for easy integration with your existing pedalboard rig. Perfect for routing your time-based and modulation stompboxes through.
- Equipped with Blackstar's 'Cab Rig' technology, their next-generation DSP speaker simulator that reproduces the sound and feel of a mic’d guitar cab in incredible detail. Deep-dive using the accompanying free 'Architect' software and capture the tones via the USB/XLR outputs or headphones.
- Pro connectivity and integration into your setup using low-latency USB audio as a valve interface for recording, and XLR D.I. for live use.
- Compact design, running at 9V for compatibility with most pedal power supplies with a 500mA output. Dedicated PSU is included with the pedal for standalone use.
How Can I Use the Blackstar Dept. 10 Dual Drive Pedal?
The Blackstar Dept. 10 Dual Drive pedal is incredibly flexible and can be used in a variety of ways:
- Valve overdrive or boost pedal into your amp's front-end.
- Valve preamp, used in your amp's effect loop to give it a totally new voice.
- Valve recording interface via low-latency USB.
- Valve preamp stage to warm up an anaemic-sounding digital amp.
- Backup amp via D.I. output using 'Cab Rig' into a PA system.
What is Blackstar's Dept. 10?
Dept. 10 is the Blackstar R&D team responsible for "blue sky" innovation and design. This team of engineers are all musicians and are constantly researching new ideas to help create the perfect guitar tones!
- Valve: ECC83 (12AX7)
- Channels: 2
- Voices: Clean, Crunch 1, Crunch 2, Overdrive
- EQ: Bass, Middle, Treble
- Patented ISF: Yes
- Cab Rig DSP: Yes
- XLR Cab Rig Output: Yes
- USB Audio Interface: Yes
- Effects Loop: Yes
- Footswitches: 2
- Voltage: 9V
- Current Draw: 500mA
Earn loyalty points whenever you shop at Andertons. Points can be earned and used online, in store or over the phone: earn and use points however you choose to shop! No need to sign up - points are added automatically when you make a purchase! The more you shop, the more you save, so start earning points now!
What are points worth?
One point is worth a 1p discount, and there's no limit on the number of points used per purchase! For example, if you have 1000 points, you can redeem them for a £10 discount on any purchase.
How many points will I earn when I shop?
We display the number of points available for a product on the product's page on our website. Normally we'll give you one point for every pound you spend, but watch out for double and triple points deals for even more savings!
Here at Andertons Music Co. we believe that we stock some of the best musical equipment in the world. That's why we want to make it as quick and easy as possible for you to get your order, safe and sound!
We offer a wide range of delivery options to help fit around your busy lifestyle without compromise. This includes free, named-day delivery for most UK postcodes on orders over £99 which are in stock, Saturday & Sunday deliveries, and competitive delivery rates worldwide.
Please note: Some UK postcodes including remote areas and Northern Ireland are subject to charges.
You can find full details about the services we offer, including details on our international delivery charges, on our main delivery page. Click here to read more.
Mr Alan Hook31st Jul 2022
Trusted Customer28th Nov 2021
Mr Michael Cooper28th Oct 2021
Finance available at checkout for orders £300+