The Throttle Box dishes out the searing American high-gain distortion tones that made Mesa/Boogie a famous name in the first place! Perfect for rockers who seek an aggressive sound with lots of cut, the Mesa Boogie Throttle Box still retains the warmth and organic sonics you'd expect from one of the brand's premium valve amplifiers.
Versatile Gain Structure
Mesa Boogie amps are synonymous with hard rock and metal acts, so it's therefore no surprise that the their Throttle Box distortion pedal's main strengths lie in higher-gain sounds. However, if you dial back its 'Gain' control then you can attain sweet overdrive tones that are apt for classic rock and even blues genres - making it very versatile.
Plenty of Control
The unit's variable 'Mid Cut' control allows you to precisely sculpt its middle frequencies - a feature that is typically absent from most distortion pedals. Allowing you to form old school mid-present tones through to modern, scooped Mark V-style sounds - this is an incredibly valuable feature that really gets the most out of the Throttle Box's fire-breathing gain circuit.
A 'Tone' control gives you even more authority over the EQ, enabling control of the Throttle Box's treble frequencies. A cleverly-integrated internal dip switch also allows you to also tighten up the low-end for contemporary rhythm tones or keep it full-bodied for leads.
- Designed and Handcrafted in Petaluma, California, USA
- True Bypass On/Off Switching - Bypasses all circuitry when off to ensure no tonal loss
- Gain Control allows you to dial in the perfect amount of classic to modern high-gain
- Lo/High Gain Switch provides classic crunch to modern meltdown
- Master Level Control provides a variable range of signal boost up to +20dB
- Tone Control balances the amount of high frequencies
- Mid-Cut Control provides powerful mid-scoop for modern high-gain styles
- Internal EQ-Boost Switch provides added style/voicing option
- On/Off Status LED
- 9V Battery Powered or Externally Powered (optional) via External Power Jack Input
- Input & Output Jacks (Nominal Input -20dB)
- Dimensions (W/D/H): 2.87" x 4.77" x 2.28" (73mm x 122mm x 58mm)
- Weight: 0.865 lbs. (393g) with battery, 0.765 lbs. (347g) without battery
- True Bypass Switching
- Battery Type: 9VDC (one)
- Power Consumption (Current Draw): 9VDC/25mA
- External Power Supply (Not Included): To avoid immediate damage and voiding the warranty, the External Power Supply must be 9VDC with a negative center plug polarity and a jack plug size of 2.1mm x 5.5mm.
- Input Impedance: 1M Ohm (500k Ohm minimum)
- Output Impedance: 10k Ohm