The Deepmind represents Behringer's first foray into true polyphonic analog synthesis. And much like many of their offerings, it combines a brilliant sound influence by the classics with an affordable price tag!
- Polyphonic synthesiser with 37-note keybed and fader control interface
- 6 voices with 2 analog OSCs per voice with oscillator sync mode
- 2 LFOs per voice with 7 waveform shapes, key sync, MIDI sync and envelope auto-triggering
- 3 ADSR generators per voice for control of VCF, VCA and MOD envelopes
- Selectable dual slope 12/24 dB analog low pass filter per voice with adjustable resonance
- Flexible 8-channel modulation matrix with 19 sources and over 130 destinations including effects parameters
- 4 FX slots with world-class TC Electronic and Klark Teknik FX
- 32-step control sequencer with adjustable slew rate and MIDI sync
- Sophisticated built-in arpeggiator
- Full remote control via iPad*/PC/Mac* App over USB or MIDI for extended parameter control
- 37 semi-weighted full-size keys featuring velocity sensitivity and after-touch
- Stereo audio output
- CV/pedal input for connection to modular systems
- LCD display for easy menu navigation
- 1024 user preset slots
- Designed and engineered in the UK
6-Voice Polyphonic Control
You'll seldom find this amount of analog polyphonic tonal flexibility at this price point. As mentioned above, the Deepmind 6 is a 6-voice polysynth with 2 oscillators per voice. OSC 1 generates sawtooth and square/pulse waveforms with pulse width modulation, while OSC 2 generates square/pulse waveforms with tone modulation.
To shape your patch, there's plenty on offer. 2 LFOs per voice let you easily inject movement into your sound, with 7 shapes, key sync and automatic triggering for easy synchronising. You'll also get 3 ADSR envelopes per voice for VCF, VCA and modulation respectively - unprecedented control. Finally a 12/24dB low-pass filter per-voice lets you hone in on the perfect amount of light or dark.
Behringer often work closely with renowned FX wizards TC Electronic and Klark Teknik; the Deepmind is no exception. With 4 simultaneous FX slots, you can make the most of any combination of over 30 algorithms, from reverb to multi-band distortion. Combined with the extensive 32-step sequencer and arpeggiator, and you've got a powerhouse of a synth toolkit on your hands.
The 8-channel modulation matrix lets you weave complex textures and patches of your own, with over 130 destinations. Finally, a stereo audio output and CV connectivity completes the puzzle, making the Deepmind 6 a synthesiser that's perfect for stage as well as studio.