Classic design, contemporary features. The SG Modern brings legendary design into the 21st century. Epiphone’s Inspired by Gibson range takes advanced construction techniques and elite electronics and applies them to accessible instruments.
Topped with a flamed maple cap, the Muse SG is a different animal to what we’ve seen in the past from Epiphone. The instantly recognisable SG body shape does remain untouched, but the asymmetrical Slim Taper mahogany neck is a welcome addition in enhancing playability and fretting hand comfort. It’s been hand-set and glued into the body and sports an ebony fingerboard emblazoned with eye-catching pearloid trapezoid inlays.
In the hardware department, the Muse is equipped with a GrapTech nut, Grover locking tuners and LockTone ABR bridge to tighten up on tuning stability.
The SG Modern houses ProBucker 2 and 3 humbuckers. Modelled after their Gibson-made counterparts, they’re inspired by original PAF pickups and characterised by the alnico vintage output and sweet sustain.
The bridge ProBucker 3 is slightly overwound for extra attack and sounds great through high gain, while its neck counterpart takes a softer touch. Both are coil split to create dynamic single coil tones in an instant.
- Body Shape: SG
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Top: AAA Flame Maple (3/4")
- Finish: Gloss
- Material: Mahogany
- Profile: Asymetrical Slim Taper w/Contoured Heel
- Scale Length: 24.72" / 628mm
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony with Pearl "Trapezoid" Inlays
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 24
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech®
- Joint: Glued in
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: LockTone™ ABR
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning Machines: Grover® Locking Rotomatic tuners with Tulip Buttons with an 18:1 ratio
- TrussRod: Adjustable
- Control Knobs: Clear Top Hats with Ridge
- Switch Tip: Black
- Strap Buttons: 2 butt and back of heel
- Pickup Covers: Nickel
- Neck Pickup: ProBucker-2™ humbucker w/coil-splitting and phase switch
- Bridge Pickup: ProBucker-3™ humbucker w/coil-splitting and phase switch
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS electronics
- Pickup Selector: 3-way Epiphone toggle
- Output Jack: 1/4" ---clear to