Dynaudio have, in their own words, redefined their professional monitor formula with the LYD series.
Offering state-of-the-art Class D amplification, a 5" woofer, intuitive tuning capabilites and Danish attention to detail, the LYD5 will change the way you approach your mix!
The LYD5 is a compact personal reference monitor that aims to provide unprecedented levels of accuracy, warmth, responsiveness and tweakability to not only ensure that it works perfectly - but that it works perfectly for you!
Here's what Dynaudio have to say about the LYD5:
LYD 5, with its low-volume precision, is the ideal complement for any small studio set-up. It uses the same lightweight aluminium voice-coils in its handmade 5in MSP drive-units as our high-end hi-fi speakers, and pairs them with cutting-edge Class-D amplification as well as a 24-bit/96kHz signal path with advanced DSP.
- Nearfield Monitor with 5" Woofer
- Bi-amped speaker design with 2 x 50W and state-of-the-art Class-D amplification
- Bass extension to extend or curtail the low end frequency response
- Two different tunings: one for free standing and one designed for speakers within 50 cm of wall
- Sound balance to influence the overall response of the speaker
- Made in Denmark
- Max. SPL (1m, pair) 106 dB
- Bass principle Bass reflex, rear port
- Crossover frequency 5.2 kHz
- Tweeter 1 in soft dome
- Midrange N/A
- Woofer 5 in
- Dimensions (W x H x D mm / in) 170 x 260 x 211 mm /
- 6.7 x 10.2 x 8.3 in
- Weight 5.7 kg
- Power (tweeter/woofer) HF 50 W/LF 50 W
- Power consumption standby <0.5 W
- Power consumption max. 100 W
- Input voltage 90 - 264 V AC, 50 - 60 Hz
- Inputs XLR balanced / RCA unbalanced
- Outputs N/A
- Sensitivity (85 dB @ 1m, free field)
- 0 dB 100 mV
- Frequency response -6 dB limits
- Bass extension -10 Hz 50 Hz - 21 kHz