Dynaudio have, in their own words, redefined their professional monitor formula with the LYD series.
Offering state-of-the-art Class D amplification, an 8" woofer, intuitive tuning capabilites and Danish attention to detail, the LYD8 will change the way you approach your mix!
The LYD8 is the biggest monitor in the LYD range. Its aim: to provide unprecedented levels of accuracy, warmth, responsiveness and tweakability to not only ensure that it works perfectly - but that it works perfectly for you!
Here's what Dynaudio have to say about the LYD8:
The biggest 2-way monitor in the LYD series. LYD 8 is a redefinition of our previous Professional monitors. A redefinition that helps you redefine your artistic expression.
With its 8in MSP woofer and state-of-the-art DSP, LYD 8 provides the kind of performance, precision and bass heft that dreams (and maybe hit albums) are made of. Like the rest of the
range, these nearfield monitors let you tune their sound for their position in the room, feature handmade drivers, and contain advanced Class-D amps.
- Nearfield Monitor with 8" Woofer
- Bi-amped speaker design with 50W HF/80W LF and state-of-the-art Class-D amplification
- Bass extension to extend or curtail the low end frequency response
- Two different tunings: one for free standing and one designed for speakers within 50 cm of wall
- Sound balance to influence the overall response of the speaker
- Made in Denmark
- Max. SPL (1m, pair) 112 dB
- Bass principle Bass reflex, rear port
- Crossover frequency 3.9 kHz
- Tweeter 1 in soft dome
- Midrange N/A
- Woofer 8 in
- Dimensions (W x H x D mm / in) 234 x 369 x 328 mm /
- 9.2 x 14.5 x 12.9 in
- Weight 10.2 kg
- Power (tweeter/woofer) HF 50 W/LF 80 W
- Power consumption standby <0.5 W
- Power consumption max. 100 W
- Input voltage 90 - 264 V AC, 50 - 60 Hz
- Inputs XLR balanced /
- RCA unbalanced
- Outputs N/A
- Sensitivity (85 dB @ 1m, free field)
- 0 dB 100 mV
- Frequency response -6 dB limits
- Bass extension -10 Hz 45 Hz - 21 kHz