TC Electronic love pushing the envelope. When they released their Mimiq pedal back in 2016, guitarists were left intrigued by the convincing “double-tracking” effect it could create — beefing up their tones via an innovative, proprietary algorithm that makes it sound like there's two guitarists playing at the same time!
Mimiq Mini maintains many of the features of the game-changing original, but comes in a convenient micro-sized package that can easily fit onto any pedalboard. Whether you're a single guitarist in a live band looking to thicken up your tone, or a studio ace trying to speed up your workflow — the Mimiq Mini is a powerful tool that can take your sound to new sonic heights!
- Mini version of the world's first realistic doubling pedal.
- Life-like, 2-voice doubling creates illusion of more than 1 guitar playing at once!
- Can be configured for either ultra-tight or slapback-style doubling via dedicated 'Tightness' knob.
- Perfect for anything from crushing heavy metal rhythm parts to classic double-tracked solos and country licks.
- True bypass design allows for optimum clarity and zero high-end loss when the pedal is off.
- Simple, easy-to-use controls let you focus on playing at your best!
- Extra-small enclosure saves precious pedalboard real-estate.
- Can be powered by most pedal power supplies with its modest 9V/100mA requirements.
- Designed and engineered in Denmark.
- “Fantastic for fattening up solos and lead lines, makes them really pop out in the song.” — a satisfied customer!
We're curious to see what exciting stuff you can do with the Mimiq Mini pedal! Upload your Mimiq video to Youtube or Instagram and add the #MimiqMania hashtag to be featured on Andertons social media! Honestly, the more creative the better. Use it with other pedals, through different amps — we want to see you push the pedal to its limits!
What Does "Double-Tracked" Mean?
"Double-tracking" is a common recording technique used by guitarists, particularly rock and metal players. It involves recording the same part twice (or more) to ultimately fatten up the sound of a riff or solo — achieving greater tonal depth and girth than just a single recorded track. This is due to the slight variations in picking attack, fretted intonation and overall tone.
The brainiacs at TC Electronic managed to design an algorithm that emulates this desirable effect, so that you can sound huge with less effort! This pedal really comes into its own if you're a single guitarist in a band, where sounding weak and buried in a live mix can be all too familiar. With TC Electronic's ingenious Mimiq Mini, you can eliminate this problem and sound bigger than ever before!
Easy to Adjust
You can use the Mimiq Mini's 'Effect' and 'Dry' controls to balance the amount of "double-tracked" guitar you audibly want in your signal. Set the 'Effect' knob low for a subtle doubling effect, or crank it for a really thick and immersive sound.
The 'Tightness' control lets you affect how "tight" the second track is. If you’re a metal player who plays fast and intricate riffs, then it’s best to set it fairly low to avoid a distracting delay-type effect. However, if you play heavily-distorted, doom-inspired riffs — turn it up for maximum muscle!
- Controls: Tightness, Effect, Dry
- Input/Output: Mono
- Power: 9V (requires PSU adapter, no battery)
- Current Draw: 100 mA
- True Bypass