The CD60 is one of the best selling Fender acoustics ever and they've revised the line to feature a solid top! This is incredible value at this price for a feature normally found on more expensive guitars. The solid top gives you more resonance and a purer tone that a laminate top would.
The 'easy-to-play' neck shape also means this beginners guitar will suit you when you're trying to learn the guitar or sharpen your skills.
The dreadnought shape is popular for it's full bodied sound and handles strumming and fingerpicking well.
Here's what Fender say about the Fender CD60S:
The re-designed CD-60S boasts upgraded features at an attractive price, including a solid spruce top, rolled fingerboard edges and a new ‘Easy-to-Play’ neck shape.
The CD-60S is an entry-level Classic Design model and features mahogany back and sides and a walnut fingerboard. The dreadnought-sized body provides traditional full-bodied tone with plenty of projection.
A great choice for any aspiring player, the CD-60S delivers a bold playing experience.
- Back: Mahogany
- Sides: Mahogany
- Top: Solid Spruce
- Finish: Gloss
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Body Binding: Multiple
- Bracing: Quartersawn Scalloped "X"
- Rosette: CD Series Pearloid
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Binding: 1-Ply Black
- Neck Finish: Gloss
- Neck Shape: Fender® 'Easy-to-Play' shape with rolled fretboard edges
- Scale Length: 25.3" (643 mm)
- Fingerboard Material: Walnut
- Fingerboard Radius: 12" (305 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Nut Material: Crème Plastic
- Nut Width: 1.69" (43 mm)
- Truss Rod: dual action
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Bridge Pins: White with Black Dots
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Die-Cast
- Pickguard: Black