Behringer’s impressive and affordable synthesizer line-up is inspired by some of the most iconic synthesizers of all time. The K-2 is a pinch-yourself realistic desktop replica of the sought-after Korg MS-20.
As with the rest of their range, Behringer have painstakingly recreated the MS-20 piece by piece. Don’t be fooled by its compact enclosure; the K-2 is basically a built-to-scale replica in sound, feel and looks!
- Authentic MS-20-inspired design, down to the finest detail
- Dual vintage VCOs for thick, timeless synth tones
- 4 variable waveforms per oscillator, complete with mix controls for VCO 1 & 2
- Pulse width and ring modulation to push your tonal boundaries
- 2 analog Envelope Generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- Dedicated and fully analog triangle/square wave LFO
- Pure analog signal path based on authentic VCO, VCF and VCA designs
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesizers for up to 16 voice polyphony
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and Voice Priority selection
- 36 controls and 34 patch points for maximum real-time control
Much like its distant Korg ancestor, the K-2 has no built-in sequencer or arpeggiator – this is all synth and nothing but the synth. This allowed Behringer to focus entirely on producing the MS-20’s notoriously lush analogue oscillators and versatile filter/circuitry.
Dual vintage VCOs offer 4 variable waveforms each, as well as pulse width and ring modulation. This goes beyond simple sine and sawtooth; craft punchy, dizzying tones in no time. 2 envelope generators and an LFO give you flexible control over filter cutoff, VCA and modulation – a combination with heaps of tonal possibilities.
Ready for Eurorack
Continuing the theme of authenticity, the K-2 features a comprehensive (and clearly labelled) patch bay on the right side of the control panel. It really is bang on the mark; 3.5mm connections let you use your standard modular patch cables to reroute your signal and sculpt a unique sound every time.
Like its Behringer-built peers, the Model D and Neutron, the K-2 also comes Eurorack-compatible. A height of 128.5mm means it can easily be slotted into your existing Eurorack modular system for true fluidity and versatility.