Here's what Ibanez say about the SRH500
The SRH500-DEF, SRs semi-hollow body model, is finally available. The SRs 55-mm-thick semi-hollow body has a Spruce top with a Mahogany back, so the hollow space is maximized. The construction gives the SRH a warm acoustic sound with rich resonance. A Dragon Eye Burst Flat finish, wood truss rod cover, wood control knobs, and black matte hardware give the SRH an authentic semi-hollow look and feel.
SRH inherits not only the SR shape but also its superior playability. The special elbow cut on the top of the body provides both playing comfort (the width of the cut meets various demands of elbow positioning) and an elegant appearance. The contoured, deep neck joint provides unfettered access to even the highest frets. In addition, the extended fretboard on the lower register can be used as a finger rest.
The SRH comes with DAddario ECB81 flat, wound strings that accentuate the models warm and rich resonance. The custom bridge contains the magic of the AeroSilk Piezo system that works with flat, wound strings to provide a sense of air to the ear that characterizes its upright sound. Along with its stylish, traditional SR appearance, the SRH maintains a warm resonance and versatility with its lightweight, compact body for comfortable playing.
The SRH500s look, feel, and sound provide a unique and distinctive addition to the world of semi-hollow bass guitars.
- SR semi hollow body with Spruce top and Mahogany back
- SRH special elbow cut on body top
- Contoured deep neck joint
- AeroSilk piezo pickup
- Wood truss rod cover and knobs
- SRH neck end scoop cut - F hole
- Neck type SRH 5pc Jatoba/Bubinga neck
- BodySpruce top/Mahogany back semi-hollow body
- FretboardBoundRosewood fretboard w/White off-set dot inlay
- FretMedium frets
- BridgeCustom bridge for AeroSilk Piezo system (19mm string spacing)
- Hardware color Black matte
- Strings D'Addario ECB81 Flat wound (String gauge:.045/.065/.080/.100)