The Caprice is a modern-vintage masterpiece. With an offset body similar to a J-style bass and 2 pickups that give you all the versatility you'd need for any style of music.
You can blend between the 2 passive singlecoil pickups for a number of different sounds. Each pickup has it's own volume control and there's a master tone to control the overall brightness of the bass.
The top-loading bridge is made of hardened steel and ensures that you get plenty of resonance from the strings against the bass guitars body.
The Caprice's sleek design and comfortable neck design are par for the course for a Music Man and this bass would easily serve you on stage or in studio, night after night.
Everybody knows Leo Fender started Fender - but did you know that after he sold Fender, he went on to create both Music Man & G&L Guitars? Well you do now!
Music Man are based in the USA and make a stunning range of guitars & basses from both their US based custom shop, and also under licence in the far east. The most iconic Music Man instrument is probably the Stingray Bass, but in addition to this the Music Man Axis & Silhouette guitars have become extremely well known. With artists like Tony Levin, Steve Lukather, John Petrucci & Albert Lee (plus a lot more!) using Music Man guitars & basses, you'll be in good company should you choose to buy one of these!
Here's what Music Man say about the Caprice
The Caprice, another welcome newcomer to the Modern Classic family of instruments is a bold new statement in passive design.
A workhorse bass that is capable of blending two distinct pickup voicings offering a variety of tones suitable for any musical environment. This compact offset design provides a body shape that is comfortable and balanced along with a slim neck profile that makes this bass a pleasure to play.
The top-loading bridge is made from hardened steel and complemented by a newly designed oversized headstock with the familiar 3+1 tuner arrangement.
As with the Cutlass, the Caprice is a sleek modern bass with vintage features that stays true to its Music Man heritage.
- Model Caprice Bass
- Size 12-11/16" wide, 1-5/8" thick, 45-9/16" long (32.2 cm wide, 4.1 cm thick, 115.7 cm long)
- Weight 8 lbs. 8 oz. (3.86 kg) - varies slightly
- Body Wood Alder
- Body Finish High gloss polyester
- Body Colors Black, Ivory White, Diamond Blue, Heritage Tobacco Burst
- Bridge Vintage Music Man® top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated hollow steel saddles
- Scale Length 34" (86.4 cm)
- Neck Radius 7.5" (19.1 cm)
- Headstock Size 9" (22.9 cm) long
- Frets 21 - High profile, narrow width
- Neck Width 1-1/2" (38.1 mm) at nut, 2-1/2" (63.5 mm) at last fret
- Neck Wood Select maple neck
- Fingerboard Select maple or rosewood
- Fret Markers 5/16" Black or White dots
- Neck Finish Ultra-light satin polyurethane finish
- Neck Colors Natural aged yellow finish
- Tuning Machines Schaller BM, with tapered string posts
- Truss Rod Adjustable - no component or string removal
- Neck Attachment 5 bolts - perfect alignment with no shifting; Sculpted neck joint allows smooth access to higher frets
- Electronic Shielding Graphite acrylic resin coated body cavity and aluminum lined pickguard
- Controls 250kohm neck pickup volume, 250kohm bridge pickup volume, and tone - .1µF tone capacitor
- Pickups Music Man® inline humbucking; Music Man® offset humbucking