Here's what Fender says about the Vintera '60s Mustang Bass:
For players who want the style sound of Fender’s golden era, we created the Vintera ‘60s Mustang Bass. Equipped with the coveted features that defined the decade—including period-accurate neck profile and playing feel, along with re-voiced pickups—this bass has all of the seismic tone that made the Mustang Bass a legend.
For authentic Fender tone we voiced the split-coil ‘60s Mustang Bass pickup to sound like the original. Punchy and growling, it has the tone that made Fender the choice of electric bassists. The “Mid ‘60s Mustang C”-shaped neck has a 7.25”-radius fingerboard with 19 vintage-style frets for classic playing feel. A vintage-style, 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles vintage-style tuning machines provide original-era aesthetics, rock-solid performance and tuning stability. Other features include master volume and tone controls, chrome hardware and 4-bolt neck plate. Includes a deluxe gig bag.
- Alder body
- One ‘60s Mustang Bass split-coil pickup
- “Mid ‘60s Mustang C”-shaped maple neck; 7.25”-radius fingerboard with 19 vintage-style frets
- 4-saddle bridge with threaded saddles; vintage-style tuning machines
- Includes deluxe gig bag
- Body Wood: Alder
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Mustang Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Profile: Thin "C"
- Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
- Fingerboard Radius: 7.25" (184.1 mm)
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Number of Frets: 19
- Inlays: White Dots
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Nut Width: 1.5" (38.1 mm)
- Truss Rod: Vintage-Style
- Middle Pickup: Vintage-Style '60s Split Single-Coil
- Pickup Switching: None
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Bridge: 4-Saddle Mustang Bass
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Control Knobs: Vintage Style Black Plastic Jazz Bass
- Tuners: Vintage-Style "Lollipop"
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Strings: Fender USA Bass 7250M, NPS (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Fender Deluxe Gig Bag