Sometimes you need an axe, sometimes……. A HAMMER!!!!!! The Steve Harris Precision Bass. Forge your metal.
The Precision bass was the first of its' kind. Designed to replace the somewhat unwieldy, hard to amplify double bass it quickly became a mainstay across the genres. It's been a vital part of music ever since. Precision bass' come in many different forms but with a Steve Harris Custom Pickup and flatwound strings this bass is in a different world.
Music and football both have a special place in Steve Harris's heart. When two worlds collide something amazing is bound to happen. Out of the Shadows, on the thin line between love and hate, comes this distinctive bass. Its white gloss finish and mirror pickguard shining brighter than a thousand suns. It just screams "I'm a mover, I Live my way, I've got the fire"
Ready for rock
Beneath the white gloss finish this precision is built for heavy rock. You wont ever have to worry about getting lost in the mix, the Steve Harris Signature P Bass Pickup has a balanced treble and bass with a pushed treble. With a maple body and neck, fitted with Harris's preferred guage of flatwound strings (50-110), it has a lot of high end attack.
Here's what Fender have to say about the Steve Harris Precision Bass
Steve Harris's galloping, fleet-fingered basslines have turbocharged U.K. metal titans Iron Maiden for decades and have made him the most influential metal bassist alive. Harris has stayed true to his battle-hardened Precision Bass over the years, and his signature Steve Harris Precision Bass now comes in his famously regal gloss White finish with special pinstriping, mirrored pickguard and West Ham United F.C. crest. Other ironclad features include a single powerful Seymour Duncan Steve Harris signature model pickup, Fender High Mass bridge, Rotosound Steve Harris Signature flat-wound strings and Harris's signature on the back of the headstock.
- Series: Artist
- Body: 2-Piece Maple
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Neck: Maple, "U" Shape
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- String Nut: Synthetic Bone, 1.615" (41.02 mm)
- Fingerboard: Pearloid Block, 7.25" (241 mm) Radius
- Frets: 20, Medium Jumbo
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Scale Length: 34" (864 mm)
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Bridge: Fender High Mass
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Fender '70s Vintage-Style Stamped Open-Gear
- Strings: Rotosound Steve Harris Signature Custom Flat-Wound
- (.050-.110 Gauges)
- Pickups: Seymour Duncan Steve Harris Signature P-Bass SPB-4
- Other Features: Pinstriped Body with Westham United F.C. Crest, Dunlop
- 6100 Frets, Black Synthetic Bone Nut, Darker Tint on Headstock
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Case/Gig Bag: Deluxe Gig Bag