Fender's MIJ Traditional Series encompasses a range of vintage-inspired Fender instruments. Combining iconic looks and "Golden Era" specs with renowned Japanese craftsmanship, these time-honoured guitars and basses pay tribute to some of the most coveted music-making tools ever created!
This Traditional Original '50s Precision Bass is a real "time capsule" instrument that provides the playability and sound of Fender's earliest electric bass. From its vintage-style electronic and hardware, to its thick "U"-shaped neck and stylish 1-ply pickguard — this retro 4-string is a nostalgic masterpiece that will give old-school bass aficionados plenty of satisfying vibe.
- Basswood Body — Lightweight timber with balanced tonal properties. A rock-solid foundation for the punchy single-coil pickup.
- Bolt-On Construction — Produces the "snappy" note response synonymous with all Fender instruments.
- "U"-Shaped Neck — Classic '50s profile provides comfortable playability with its girthy, traditional shape.
- Vintage Frets — Smaller fret-wire gives your fingers reassuring contact with the fingerboard and allows you to play with plenty of control.
- Fender Vintage-Style Pickup — Centrally-mounted single-coil pickup delivers the clear mid-heavy tone that the '50s P-Bass is renowned for!
- 2-Saddle Bridge — True retro design, with barrel saddles maximising resonance and string response.
- Bone Nut — Low-friction material minimises unwanted tuning slips and enhances sustain.
- Vintage-Style Tuners — High-quality, old-school tuning machines allow for precise string pitching.
- Body: Basswood
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyester
- Body Shape: Precision Bass
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Finish: Gloss Urethane
- Neck Shape: "U" Shape
- Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fret Size: Vintage
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Position Inlays: Black Dot
- Middle Pickup: Vintage-Style Single-Coil Precision Bass
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone
- Bridge: 2-Saddle Vintage-Style Precision Bass
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style
- Pickguard: 1-Ply Black
- Control Knobs: Knurled Dome
- Strings: Nickel Plated Steel (.045-.105 Gauges)
- Case/Gig Bag: Fender Gig Bag