The American Ultra series is arguably the most advanced set of instruments that the company have ever produced. They have been developed to meet the needs and demands of the discerning modern-day bassist – combining amazing tone and performance for a premium level playing experience. The American Ultra Precision Bass sits at the top of the brands bass offering, containing all of the classic Fender style and efficiency you’ve come to expect, while adding a range of eye-catching finishes and innovative features. In addition, each model comes with an Elite Moulded case to protect your investment with!
An ash body results in better balance and resonance across the entirety of the frequency spectrum. This brighter sound is pronounced at the top-end and boasts a fast attack and a more detailed dynamic range. It’s a great platform, with a sound that is made for tweaking further with pedals and effects etc. Its lightweight nature also means that you can play for extended periods without suffering from unwanted fatigue.
A maple neck and fretboard contribute further to the clarity of the bass, ensuring that it is loud and clear, with enough welcome sustain after each note. The medium jumbo fret size, modern “D” neck style and a satin finish make it highly-playable – guaranteeing accuracy and enjoyment every single time you pick it up to play. The bolt-on design provides additional snap to the bass, as well as improving the overall attack too.
Electronics & Hardware
The classic PJ configuration found here sports an Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage Jazz Bass® bridge pickup and pairs it with an Ultra Precision Bass neck pickup. This marriage brings a great powerful sound to the table, with a warm tone and clear high-end. The special noiseless technology ensures that they project sound that isn’t afflicted by the hum that sometimes characterised other Fender models in the past.
- Includes an Elite Moulded Case
- Strings: Fender® 7250M Nickel-Plated Steel Roundwound, Long Scale, .045-.105 (Model No. 0737250406)
- Colour: Plasma Red Burst
- Body Finish: Gloss Polyurethane
- Body Material: Ash
- Body Shape: Precision Bass®
- Body Style: Solid Body
- Pickguard: 4-Ply Aged White Pearloid
- Fingerboard Material: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 10" to 14" Compound Radius (254 mm to 355.6 mm)
- Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
- Neck Finish: Satin Urethane with Gloss Urethane Headstock Face
- Neck Material: Maple
- Neck Plate: 5-Bolt
- Neck Shape: Modern "D"
- Number of Frets: 21
- Position Inlays: Black Pearloid Dots
Hardware & Electronics
- Configuration: PJ
- Bridge Pickup: Ultra Noiseless™ Vintage Jazz Bass®
- Bridge: 4-Saddle HiMass™ (Toploaded)
- Control Knobs: Knurled Flat-Top
- Controls: Master Volume, Pan Pot (Pickup Selector), Treble Boost/Cut, Midrange Boost/Cut, Bass Boost/Cut, Passive Tone, Active/Passive Mini Toggle
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome
- Neck Pickup: Ultra Precision Bass®
- Nut Material: Bone
- Nut Width: 1.625" (41.3 mm)
- Truss Rod: Bi-Flex™
- Tuning Machines: Fender® "F" Light-Weight Vintage-Paddle Keys with Tapered Shafts