The Fender Professional P Bass is an instrument that needs no introduction. It has the classic look and sound that can be heard on countless records since the '50s. With V-Mod pickups, a fantastic fret design, and a comfortable '63 neck for even better playing comfort.
This limited edition model is upgraded with a classy roasted maple fingerboard and neck combo and P/J pickup configuration, as well as a beautiful Daphne Blue finish. Get your hands on it quick - once they're gone, they are truly gone!
The American Professional range has replaced the American Standards. Made in America with high-end hardware and each one comes with an Elite hardshell case.
The V-Mod Precision pickups are classic-sounding Fender split-coil pickups that have high output with the vintage warmth and clarity that you want from a legendary bass.
The slimline '63 P bass neck shape provides a smooth feel across the satin finish. The '63 is considered the golden era for P bass neck shapes and so this modern instrument gives you the feel of an old guitar, but with contemporary functionality and reliability.
The narrow-tall frets create more accurate intonation. They're taller than vintage frets but of similar width (rather than medium jumbo) And because they’re slightly narrower, there's a little more room in between frets. It’s an incremental change, but every little helps…
- COLOUR: Daphne Blue
- BODY: Alder
- BODY FINISH: Gloss Polyurethane
- BODY SHAPE: Precision Bass®
- NECK MATERIAL: Roasted Maple
- NECK FINISH: Satin Urethane Finish
- NECK SHAPE: "1963 C"
- SCALE LENGTH: 34" (864 mm)
- FINGERBOARD: Roasted Maple
- FINGERBOARD RADIUS: 9.5" (241 mm)
- NUMBER OF FRETS: 20
- FRETS SIZE: Narrow Tall
- STRING NUT: Bone
- POSITION INLAYS: White Dots
Hardware and Electronics
- MIDDLE PICKUP: V-Mod Split Single-Coil Precision Bass
- BRIDGE PICKUP: V-Mod Single-Coil Jazz Bass
- CONTROLS: concentric volume and tone controls for each pickup
- PICKUP SWITCHING: None
- BRIDGE: 4-Saddle HiMass™ Vintage (String-Through-Body or Topload)
- HARDWARE FINISH: Nickel/Chrome
- TUNING MACHINES: Fender Lightweight Vintage-Style Keys with Tapered Shafts