Here's what Fender say about the Lacquer Precision bass:
Introduced in the early 1950s, the Precision Bass profoundly affected the sound of popular music and quickly became an indispensable instrument for musicians everywhere. It introduced a deep and powerful new sound into the rocking and rolling 1950s and set a new stage for great sounds to come in the ensuing decades.
The Classic Series '50s Precision Bass Lacquer delivers the distinctive 1950s-era look, sound and vibe of those first Fender basses, with vintage style and an authentic nitrocellulose lacquer finish on its alder body. Other features include a "C"-shaped maple neck, 7.25"-radius maple fingerboard with 20 vintage-style frets and black-dot inlays, vintage-style split single-coil pickup, gold anodized pickguard, four-saddle American Vintage bass bridge, and vintage-style reverse tuners. Tweed case included.
- Gloss nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- One-piece maple neck/fingerboard with “C” profile, 7.25” radius and 20 vintage-style frets
- Vintage-style split-single-coil pickup
- Gold anodized aluminum pickguard
- Vintage-style four-saddle bridge
- Reverse open-gear tuners