Introduced in 1992, the Corvette bass is a core part of Warwick’s line-up. With renowned players such as Dirk Lance (Incubus) and Stuart Zender (Jamiroquai) having used them, you know that they’re made for high performance.
These German-made basses are constructed using class-leading machinery, combined with the expertise of their vastly knowledgeable luthiers. Warwick picks only the finest tonewoods available, giving you truly beautiful instruments with inspiring sounds. You’ll never want to put one of their basses down!
This limited edition Corvette $$ features a Swamp Ash body, delivering a bright tone with lots of mid-range clarity. Adorned with a truly gorgeous Californian Buckeye Burl top, you'll stand out anywhere and anytime when you perform on this bass.
A bolt-on 4-piece Maple neck delivers a snappy attack, giving excellent projection to notes - whether playing finger-style of with a pick. The Tigerstripe Ebony fingerboard offers a classy-look to the instrument, and feels super-smooth under the fingers.
Corvette $$ models are equipped with passive MEC MM-style humbuckers, providing the distinctive Warwick tone that has been heard on countless records. Delivering plenty of punch and boldness, these pickups will ensure that you cut through onstage, or when laying down tracks in the studio. Active 2-way electronics give you great control over your sound, making this a very versatile instrument.
History of Warwick
Warwick basses have been crafted in Germany since 1982, and are renowned for their incredible quality and sounds. Joined with the Framus brand, Warwick are established as a company that offer high-spec basses, produced using only the best manufacturing equipment and with the experienced skills of their respected luthiers.
With several different bass lines on offer, you can be sure to find the perfect bass to meet your performance needs. Their construction offers brilliant playability, with tonewoods and electronics that provide amazing tones and versatility for any style of music.
- Matched Headstock: Standard
- Machineheads: Warwick Machineheads
- Nut: Warwick Just a Nut III Tedur
- Neck Wood: Maple 4 pcs with Ekanga veneerstripes
- Fretboard: Tigerstripe Ebony
- Inlay: Dots
- Fluorescent Side Dot: Illuminated Side-Dots
- Fingerboard Radius: 26" / 664mm
- Scale length: 864 mm / 34"
- Width Nut: 45 mm / 1.8"
- Width 12th fret: 60,8 mm / 2.4"
- Width 24th fret: 69,11 mm / 2.7"
- Fret quantity, material and size: 24 Jumbo Nickelsilver (extra hard) frets (Width: 2.9 mm / Height: 1.3 mm)
- Frets: IFT Invisible Fretsystem
- Body Shape: Flat Body shape
- Bodywood (Topwood / Backwood): 3/8" Selected Californian Buckeyeburl / Swamp Ash Body
- Pickups: Passive MEC MM-Style humbuckers
- Electronics: Active MEC 2-way electronic
- Pot layout: Volume P/P / Balance / Treble / Bass
- Switch: Two 3-way mini-switches
- Function of switch: separate configuration of the humbuckers (series / parallel / single coil)
- Bridge system: 2-piece Warwick Bridge
- Strap system: Warwick Security locks
- Construction: Bolt on
- Hardware colour: Black
- String label / gauges: Warwick Blacklabel strings 045"- 135" (40301M)
- Weight: 4,1 kg
- included accessories: Warwick User Kit bag including hex key tools and Cleaning cloth (RB PROD WGPS TOOL CO)
- Packing: Starline RockBag® (RB 20505 STARLINE)
- Certificate: Individually issued certificate of authenticity
- E-Compartment Cover: Each instrument is personally signed by Warwick Founder Hans Peter Wilfer